Note taking with the S Pen and S22 Ultra

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
One of the questions that I always see many ask is, what are the best note-taking apps to use with the S Pen? Well, I used a few apps and came down to three that provide an excellent note-taking experience with the S Pen and S22 Ultra.

- Samsung Notes

- Post-It

- OneNote

The good thing about these apps is that they are all free! While OneNote will allow you to take notes with your S Pen, it is the only app that doesn't integrate with the S Pen button or actions. The rest two have good integration.

My preference is Samsung Notes. It has the best S Pen experience packed with valuable features like PDF annotation that you can use to write on top of PDF, a distraction-free writing canvas, and more!

If folks are interested, below is my video walking you through these three apps. What are you using as your notes app in S22 Ultra?

https://youtu.be/XfGzDk0o820

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm a OneNote user because it syncs between all my devices, I use it more frequently on my Surface Pro than anything else.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I use Samsung Notes.

OneNote always seemed too convoluted to me due to having Android app, desktop Windows program, browser app, etc. All those versions make it clunky and disorganized.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I use Samsung Notes.

OneNote always seemed too convoluted to me due to having Android app, desktop Windows program, browser app, etc. All those versions make it clunky and disorganized.

As opposed to Samsung that has released new versions of their app incompatible with notes from previous versions? OneNote has literally been the same thing across platforms for me since 2015, all my Notes readily available regardless of what device I use.

In the end it's all user preference but a proprietary note app for my phone is near useless to me. Lol

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
There has always been something about OneNote that is a struggle for me. It presents one way from a browser, another way on the Office app, and another way on the Android app. I will acknowledge that the differences are not massive.

S/Samsung Notes are, for me, clean, easy to organize, and completely simple to share (.pdf, .docx, file, etc.).

I've tried multiple times to make OneNote work for me and just can't get there. I'll stipulate that the problem is user error in my case. lol