Obstructive, Annoying Taskbar?

ch3micalrainb0wz

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Onn 11 Tablet Pro running Android 13. Was wondering if there is a way to remove the persistent Taskbar from the bottom of the screen? Or at least edit it in some way so it's less bothersome perhaps?

ch3micalrainb0wz

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Trying to drag and drop icons from the Taskbar crashes "Quickstep" and I have to force Tablet to shutdown in order to fix. Could be because I'm using a different launcher, I'll test.

ch3micalrainb0wz

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Only options in Home Settings are "Notification Dots" and "Add app icons to home screen" No options whatsoever pertaining to a "Taskbar" long pressing does nothing as well.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That probably has more to do with buggy software from Onn. You could try installing a 3rd party launcher like Nova.

ch3micalrainb0wz

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
I was using Nova as a launcher. It was causing "Quickstep" to crash anytime I tried to move apps from Taskbar. I had to switch back to Quickstep, move all apps AND the suggested apps from Taskbar and then had to switch to gesture navigation. I've now switched back to Nova.

It's not really a "fix" but it'll do until these braindead companies stop pushing out these [redacted by Mod] UI changes that we aren't able to change.

Last edited by a moderator:

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I was using Nova as a launcher. It was causing "Quickstep" to crash anytime I tried to move apps from Taskbar. I had to switch back to Quickstep, move all apps AND the suggested apps from Taskbar and then had to switch to gesture navigation. I've now switched back to Nova.

It's not really a "fix" but it'll do until these braindead companies stop pushing out these dogshit UI changes that we aren't able to change.
Unfortunately it's still the same in Android 14 ☹️

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That fact that Quickstep (which is Onn's stock launcher) is crashing would still point to a problem with that launcher. It sounds like their developers messed up when trying to implement the taskbar feature. Send feedback to Onn to let them know.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

ch3micalrainb0wz

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
That fact that Quickstep (which is Onn's stock launcher) is crashing would still point to a problem with that launcher. It sounds like their developers messed up when trying to implement the taskbar feature. Send feedback to Onn to let them know.
If the problem persisted even after I switched to it as the launcher, I would. But seeing as the problem only occurred when using Nova as the launcher, I've chocked it up to some form of incompatibility

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the problem persisted even after I switched to it as the launcher, I would. But seeing as the problem only occurred when using Nova as the launcher, I've chocked it up to some form of incompatibility
Regardless, the app itself shouldn't be crashing. You're getting an "Unfortunately, Quickstep has stopped" error, right? Just because an app isn't in the foreground doesn't mean it can't crash. It's certainly reasonable to send feedback to Google and the Nova developers as well, but I still think the ultimate culprit is Quickstep (and therefore Onn.).

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d