Oneplus account and advice 8 pro.

jace1969

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I have just had a OnePlus 8 pro and only 5 months old as i have heard so much good things about them and its great and so fast,i also have a S20 + which i use now.

Just a few things.....How do you sign up to the oneplus site (make an account ) if it worth it as i always get an error on my PC and it seems nothing to do with PC as tried 3 browsers.

The main reason is to update the oneplus apps and themes.

Got to say an amazing phone

jace1969

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Cheers for the link.
Its the oneplus account online not the app but think i have solved it by going into Chrome then saving the link so then i can open it in Firefox.

Then again all the oneplus apps are on play store which i didnt find out until just.

I just want to change the icons when you open the setting like the ....disply/connections/sound and vibration/wallpaper etc.as they go with the theme say red or blue not like stock android where there all colors thats if you can.
I do like the Snapdragon chip as my s20+ is the samsung chip and you can tell the difference if only small sometimes.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Cheers for the link.
Its the oneplus account online not the app but think i have solved it by going into Chrome then saving the link so then i can open it in Firefox.

Then again all the oneplus apps are on play store which i didnt find out until just.

I just want to change the icons when you open the setting like the ....disply/connections/sound and vibration/wallpaper etc.as they go with the theme say red or blue not like stock android where there all colors thats if you can.
I do like the Snapdragon chip as my s20+ is the samsung chip and you can tell the difference if only small sometimes.
Hi, welcome to AC!
Ok good you able find the account, if you go to setting >customize lot of things to adjust there and if you long press empty page on home screen more things to customize under home screen setting

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Cheers for the link.

Welcome to the forums. Yes, all OnePlus apps can be installed/updated from the Play Store. For the accent colour you can fine tune your choice with this option.

Screenshot_20210527-123133.jpgScreenshot_20210527-123125.jpg

jace1969

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Cheers for the help as I'm a Samsung person, but this OnePlus has really opened my eyes how good it is.
I have looked at them customization like you have put on here but when you change the colour its all of them say you pick red or do your own color its all of them,i think it must be a theme you must have to get as like on the samsung you hit setting and there all colors...Connections is blue/notificatins is red/Display is green and so on.
One more thing is the charging,im using a 40w Aukney hub with the samsung lead (4 standard usb and 2 fast charge usb).
From 3% its taking 2 hours using this way,am i missing a setting again like on samsung where you have to turn on for Fast charging and fast wireless charging as i can only find the reverse charge option.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Cheers for the help as I'm a Samsung person, but this OnePlus has really opened my eyes how good it is.
I have looked at them customization like you have put on here but when you change the colour its all of them say you pick red or do your own color its all of them,i think it must be a theme you must have to get as like on the samsung you hit setting and there all colors...Connections is blue/notificatins is red/Display is green and so on.
One more thing is the charging,im using a 40w Aukney hub with the samsung lead (4 standard usb and 2 fast charge usb).
From 3% its taking 2 hours using this way,am i missing a setting again like on samsung where you have to turn on for Fast charging and fast wireless charging as i can only find the reverse charge option.
I see what you mean. There was an option that gave you different colours for the system setting icons, it was in Customisation - Tone - Colorful. This 'Tone' option is not longer available, at least in some models. Not you get a selection of colours (presets and personal) for everything.

And about charging, you only get the warp (fast) charging with the original brick and cable.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Each category shows picture what color you use and where it's going be applied, if you want theme like Samsung use 3rd party launcher like Nova to get more of that , warp charging like Javi mentioned need orginal charger cable and brick.

jace1969

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Cheer thanks for clearing that up.
I was thinking of getting a Wireless charger as just got the 10w fast one which was fine for my s20+.
Apart fron the onepls 8 wireless one( which is so hard to get) either sold out or cant find them is there a high power one and using the oneplus brick/lead on it.
Thanks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Cheer thanks for clearing that up.
I was thinking of getting a Wireless charger as just got the 10w fast one which was fine for my s20+.
Apart fron the onepls 8 wireless one( which is so hard to get) either sold out or cant find them is there a high power one and using the oneplus brick/lead on it.
Thanks.
The OnePlus wireless charger is sold out ? Yeah the Samsung should be fine .

jace1969

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Just got the OnePlus 9 charger the new one 50w for £55 off a chap on ebay,all new never used but i will have to run it off the 30w brick as that's all i have.

jace1969

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Just to add all set up on the wireless on my new 65w charger which i also got a USA 65w brick 2 pin and put a 2 pin to uk adapter in,brick was only £23 all in and 2 pin adapter ''pifco'' was £2.50 so all in £25.50 and works A1 with a wireless charge from 8% to 100% was an amazing 1 hour 5 mins when left on and it came up Warp charge so full 30w as its a oneplus 8 pro i have so good deal as £37.99 just for the brick on oneplus site.

Added this just to show you still get full power off a USA 65w going through a 2 pin adapter which i didnt thing i would of got.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zorawarsingh