Optimum clock speed?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
(Quad core)
Just rooted tonight with a clockable kernel, 1.8 is a no-no lol, 1.7 seems stable but im likeing 1.6ghz..... its not getn hot n nuthins crashin.
Tomorrow il test battery....
Thoughts?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
(Quad core)
Just rooted tonight with a clockable kernel, 1.8 is a no-no lol, 1.7 seems stable but im likeing 1.6ghz..... its not getn hot n nuthins crashin.
Tomorrow il test battery....
Thoughts?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

I have no experience but 1.6GHz is probably a safe bet because that's what the Note 2 is clocked at default.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Hadnt thought of it that way man thanks :)
Using Cpu Spy, it barely ever hits 1.6 during normal use so think ill keep it like this.... it just feels snappier sometimes but could be in my mind lol.
Wish the minimum could be underclocked below 200mhz to save battery when idle.....

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I never mess with the clock speed for 2 reasons.

I know that CPUs are not set at maximum from the outset for a variety of reasons so there is wiggle room. Sometimes though people take that to max it out as high as you can which leads to overheating, and constant issues. I think you do more damage than good most times.

The other reason is that each phone is different You can set yours to 1.8 and be fine, but mine at 1.6 crashes like crazy. The results are just too unpredictable.

I have had the voltage turned down on other phones with some success and a slight increase in battery. I just havent seen the need with this phone

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
1.6 as the note 2 is, also there is that s3 in Korea or Japan that has the same exynos with 1.6ghz, I think that's optimum

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I never mess with the clock speed for 2 reasons.

I know that CPUs are not set at maximum from the outset for a variety of reasons so there is wiggle room. Sometimes though people take that to max it out as high as you can which leads to overheating, and constant issues. I think you do more damage than good most times.

The other reason is that each phone is different You can set yours to 1.8 and be fine, but mine at 1.6 crashes like crazy. The results are just too unpredictable.

I have had the voltage turned down on other phones with some success and a slight increase in battery. I just havent seen the need with this phone

Not sure if i agree mate... as dude above says, the N2 is clocked at 1.6, plus remember the Xperia Ark and Ark S?
The Ark S was simply an Ark overclocked from 1.2 to 1.4.
Ill just keep it at 1.6 for few days mate n see what happens battery/crash wise
Cheers man :)

P.s, it runs at 1.7 but instantly powers off at 1.8 lol. Thank god for the safety valve on "no frills" lol.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enid