Perhaps its time to leave the Apple camp...

NZMacGeek

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Since installing the 10.8.5 update my MacBook doesn't even see the USB 3 drive we use for Time Machine.

Our iMac which hasn't been updated sees it just fine.

I still think think that Apple's quality control and standards these days simply aren't what they used to be.

Let's not even get me started on the major bugs still present in the GM version if iOS 7

My passion for Apple and it's products has been slowly diminishing over the last year and I'm afraid that nothing that's on the horizon is likely to change that. It's been a fun ride Apple but unfortunately it's time I left.

Now that the decision has (almost) been made I need to work out the details.

Having been a "hard core" Apple user for around 6 years I'm pretty ingrained into their ecosystem. I've become reliant on iCloud and its was of having the same emails, calendars and contacts across the Macs, iPad and iPhone (and to a lesser extent iPod) - what would the best equivalent be in a Windows/Android (or Ubuntu/Android) world?

Then there is the 2TB of iTunes library we have. The library is mostly TV series and movies but there is also a few thousand music tracks and some podcasts. We currently use iTunes with 2 x Apple TV's. My thinking in this regard is to keep iTunes in place on Windows and keep using the Apple TV's till they die as I'm not sure or what other solution I could use in their place. I'm confident the vast majority of audio and video files that I have will be able to be played on an Android device so there is no issue there.

Oh and there is also the library of several thousand ebooks that we have in ePub and PDF format. What is a recommended app for this on Android?

I'd welcome any useful feedback on this (I'd prefer constructive comments only).

Cheers

Jamie

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smuglur