Pixel 2XL and smart watches.... Help!

Luke18

Nov 24, 2017
Visit site
Ok, I'm sure this has been asked A TON of times but I guess I'm at the point of wanting some answers from people that have had these items......

Long story short, I'm looking at getting my first smartwatch, I have $200 I want spend. I currently have a Google Pixel 2XL and don't intend on upgrading anytime soon(phone is still working the same since I got it and I love it). The 2 smart watches I like the best for the price are the Galaxy Smart Watch Active and the FitBit Versa 2. I like the Fossil watches but all I hear is horror stories with WearOS and battery life.

Things I want from the watch..... Notification integration is a must(messages, messenger, WhatsApp). Seeing who is calling is something I want. As far as fitness(which isn't much lol).. HR monitor, sleep tracking. Battery life...heard the Versa 2 is awesome and the Galaxy Active is decent(possible 2 days depending on settings) While I realize both watches can do these things.... Which one is better? If I go with the Galaxy Active, will it work ok with my Pixel? I have heard it's hit or miss. As far as the Versa 2 I have heard Fitbit watches tend to fail fast(within the year). This I don't want. As you can see I don't want alot but I want something decent, my 2 sisters have the first gen Apple watches with there iPhone X and XS Max and the still work great, battery life is not that good anymore but for what they use them for they work perfect.

Also if there are other watches in the $200 range that I missed that would work please let me know.

Thanks

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend Fitbit watches. Always had issues with reliability and updates. The last Fitbit I had was the first Versa and it was a mess. BT issues and the fitness features weren't that great/ reliable compared to my Garmin FR 645. What Fitbit calls a smartwatch is more of a fitness tracker with some smartwatch features. Better off with a Garmin (Vivoactive 3 ~ $200 Amazon) if that's what you want. Go with a legit smartwatch if more interested in the smartwatch features.

Michael Detwiler

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
As a Fitbit owner, I would highly recommend them. I have the Charge 3 currently, my daughter the Versa Life and my wife, the Versa 2. My wife and me both have Pixel 2 XL phones. They work great.

I have also had the Moto 360, Asus Zenwatch 2 and Verizon 24.

Get the Versa 2.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
For me, Galaxy Active is the choice. It will do all you ask and it's a fantastic bargain now. Samsung wearables work well with Pixel (and other android) phones. Plus, the watch is attractive with a fantastic screen. The only advantage Fitbit has is the health app, much better than Sammys. Also, Samsung software navigation can be frustrating.

Bottom line, Samsung makes the much more capable and robust watch, but Fitbit has the better software for health & fitness tracking.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
For me, Galaxy Active is the choice. It will do all you ask and it's a fantastic bargain now. Samsung wearables work well with Pixel (and other android) phones. Plus, the watch is attractive with a fantastic screen. The only advantage Fitbit has is the health app, much better than Sammys. Also, Samsung software navigation can be frustrating.

Bottom line, Samsung makes the much more capable and robust watch, but Fitbit has the better software for health & fitness tracking.

I have to agree, I have the Samsung Galaxy watch and it works great with my Pixel 2. I get all notifications that I want, I can take calls on the watch, and I can get it to last 3 days on a single charge. I would go with the Samsung.

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I have the Pixel 2 and got myself the Fitbit Versa 2 for Christmas. The Versa 2 is working great with my P2! I've had to call Fitbit Support a couple of times because I needed help setting it up (not knowing where to find certain settings) and they were great, and helped me quickly ... they ask which phone you are using so that they can tailor their answers to your exact device. I would HIGHLY recommend the Versa 2! I used the Fitbit Charge 2 for 3 years previously and was happy with it working with my phones. You get 5 days on a single charge, but I charge it up about every 3 days, just so that it doesn't take a long time doing so. I charge it while I'm showering (phone, too) and doing my hair & face for the day. Doesn't take long at all!

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My wife and kids had Fitbits for years... until my kids moved to Samsung Galaxy Smartwatches and couldn't be happier. My wife now has the Samsung (non-active) and loves it. Fitbit was just OK, issues always seem to start about 10-15 months in and support was never much help.

My wife does miss the Fitbit challenges and the group of users she was connected to but that quickly faded

Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001