Pixel 5 with 2 Bluetooth audio devices connected - problem redirecting call audio

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Pixel 5 and a Samsung Galaxy Active 2. I've been having issues using other BT devices to make & receive calls. Examples:

- Making a call and trying to select my BT Headset for audio, the audio keeps getting redirected to the Galaxy Watch

- In the car using the car's BT to listen to music, when I get or make a call, I can't seem to use the car BT audio for the call

The problem is intermittent and sometimes other options like speaker don't work, either. Usually after a few attempts to redirect audio I can take the call on speaker or phone audio. This takes a few moments of me shouting "can you hear me" like an *****.

Anyone having similar problems?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Its possible its getting mixed between the watch and Bluetooth headphones, maybe unpair and pair everything up again

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This might be more of an issue with the watch rather than that specific phone. The watch might just be competing too hard for the BT connection. This is why I never turn on the BT phone audio connections on my Wear OS watches.

bcfour

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issues except with my Galaxy Watch 3. I can go weeks where my pixel buds will pick up every call flawlessly and then go back to the watch. I have never found a solution but have gotten proficient at saying "hold on. I need to switch audio devices." ??????