Pixel 7 Pro or S23 Ultra ???

marky_boy

Jul 19, 2023
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just wanted your guidance , I’m looking to move away from iPhone and have a dilemma. I’m torn between pixel 7 pro and s23 ultra . A must have is bigger screen although the pro max is 6.7 the borders just make the screen smaller , I love the look of the s23 ultra but prefer the whole Google experience more . The biggest drawback hence the question is coming from a 1tb iPhone and already using half the storage , the fact I can’t obtain a 512gb pixel pro at least has left me torn . So was wondering if there’s any experiences people have had with both also if there any any reliable importers where a 512gb can be sourced . Camera is a big deal for me also so if anyone can add to their experiences with both phones from a camera stand point that would be much appreciated .

Thanks
Mark

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
I would go with s23u , the Pixel 7 pro in my experience has overheating issue, I do love my 7pro but has less superior chip compared to s23u

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'll give the counterpoint to mustang7757 -- although my 7 Pro can get warm at times, it's never overheated. I gave the camera a real workout on my recent trip to London and Paris (which is usually one of the big battery drains and CPU stressors), and it performed like a champ. You can see a bunch of my shots in the Pixel 7/7 Pro photo thread in that subforum.

I can't compare to the S23 Ultra, but I do have an A32 5G, so I can at least compare with One UI. I do enjoy the Pixel experience more than the One UI experience, but at least Samsung has toned down One UI over the years to make it more streamlined. You may have to spend extra time uninstalling or disabling the extra bloat you don't need.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I have both and they're both great in their own ways!

If photos are a top priority (especially if those pics will be of kids and/or pets) then the 7 Pro is hands down the better choice. Honestly, it's the better choice for your everyday point and shoot, in my opinion. I personally prefer Google's more true to life results over Samsung's typically over saturated pics.

I'm no heavy user by any stretch so I've not experienced any overheating with my 7 Pro ... It does run warmer than the S23U, but I've not had any shut downs or apps close or anything of that nature.

S23U is great if you like customization! It has so many fun tweakable aspects to it. I also tend to get a bit better battery life with the S23U.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'll give the counterpoint to mustang7757 -- although my 7 Pro can get warm at times, it's never overheated. I gave the camera a real workout on my recent trip to London and Paris (which is usually one of the big battery drains and CPU stressors), and it performed like a champ. You can see a bunch of my shots in the Pixel 7/7 Pro photo thread in that subforum.

I can't compare to the S23 Ultra, but I do have an A32 5G, so I can at least compare with One UI. I do enjoy the Pixel experience more than the One UI experience, but at least Samsung has toned down One UI over the years to make it more streamlined. You may have to spend extra time uninstalling or disabling the extra bloat you don't need.
Just that Tensor chip is problematic with heat .
I do lot of video calls with google duo(Google Meet) 15 to 25 minutes into it i get a warning ⚠️ as notification some service will be shut down and then 1 minute later phone turns off , this happened few times , never had that happened on other pixels

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, interesting -- I've never tested Meet or Zoom on the phone, since I'm usually using my Chromebook for that ...

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I have both (one for work phone and one for personal use) and although it was supposed to be my work phone, my pixel 7 pro is now my personal phone.

The s23 is amazing but there's something about the 7 pro I can't put down, the specs aren't as good but it works VERY well, the vanilla OS is brilliant, it's easier to hold and the cameras are personally on par with the S23 ultra.

Like I say, logically the S23 ultra should be my personal phone but there's something about the pixel 7 pro that's just special.

Yebubbleman

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just wanted your guidance , I’m looking to move away from iPhone and have a dilemma. I’m torn between pixel 7 pro and s23 ultra . A must have is bigger screen although the pro max is 6.7 the borders just make the screen smaller , I love the look of the s23 ultra but prefer the whole Google experience more . The biggest drawback hence the question is coming from a 1tb iPhone and already using half the storage , the fact I can’t obtain a 512gb pixel pro at least has left me torn . So was wondering if there’s any experiences people have had with both also if there any any reliable importers where a 512gb can be sourced . Camera is a big deal for me also so if anyone can add to their experiences with both phones from a camera stand point that would be much appreciated .

Thanks
Mark
What is taking up the 1TB on your iPhone?

Personally, I've never been fond of Samsung's version of Android, so my bias leans towards a Pixel. Then again, you're probably best off waiting for the Pixel 8 Pro to come out later this year.

Just don't forget to de-register your phone number from iMessage when making the switch, otherwise your blue-bubbled friends will only be able to reach you on other Apple devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d