Pixel 8 pro battery life

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting a pixel 8 pro, but what is the battery life like for you?
All day plus with usually 5 or more hours of screen time. Mostly YouTube or streaming Spotify. A touch of maps usage as well. I don't game on my phone. I'm a PC, mouse and keyboard guy.

Reactions: mustang7757

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
It's definitely better IMO than my previous Pixel 7 Pro..I can go all day too with sometimes I bump charge if a really long day

Reactions: rvbfan

Sjb90

Dec 17, 2023
Visit site
Is there settings you can enable to make it go longer? Im just concerned when 2/3 years pass it won't last the whole day

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I've never used power saving mode.. definitely make it last longer.. I don't turn anything off on mine.. I think it's completely fine I don't think it's the beast battery mode that you will see on the s24u.. or even the OnePlus 12

Sjb90

Dec 17, 2023
Visit site
So I bought the pixel 8 Pro. I'm pleased with the battery so far I took the phone off charge 6am yesterday did my usual routine on it and it lasted over 36 hours.

Reactions: SeeBeeEss

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this to the Pixel 8 forum for more specific traffic.

I have a Pixel 7 Pro that's almost 1.5 years old, and it still ends the day at around 60% with moderate usage, so I'd say the Pixel 8 Pro should hold up just as well. Keep in mind that a good way to preserve battery life is to avoid deep discharges on a regular basis -- make it a habit to start charging when the battery reaches 30-40% (and don't let it drop to zero or near-zero very often).

Reactions: SeeBeeEss

SeeBeeEss

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
I'm sure that many of us have heard the negative noise regarding the battery life of the Pixel 8 series, Pixel 7 series, Pixel 6 series... Maybe I am doing it wrong 😉, but the Pixel 8 Pro's battery is giving me about a day and a half of moderate use, which isn't much different than many of the other phones I've owned, some of which claimed much more but didn't come close to delivering.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure that many of us have heard the negative noise regarding the battery life of the Pixel 8 series, Pixel 7 series, Pixel 6 series... Maybe I am doing it wrong 😉, but the Pixel 8 Pro's battery is giving me about a day and a half of moderate use, which isn't much different than many of the other phones I've owned, some of which claimed much more but didn't come close to delivering.
Yeah, I don't see any issues with battery on the 7 Pro at all. Battery anxiety has completely disappeared with this phone, even when I'm on vacation and taking tons of pics.