Pixel to Samsung Transfer apps and data

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I am going to be switching from the Pixel 7 pro to the S23 ultra next week. I also just backed up my Tab S8 that I sold using Smart switch on my PC.

I know I can use the built in stuff on Android when I setup the phone to copy over my apps and data from the Pixel to the S23 ultra. But is there a way to copy the data and apps from smart switch on my PC without losing any of the data and apps from the Pixel transfer?

Reactions: Jharperr16

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have had relatively good luck allowing a phone backup to restore the apps and data on a new phone. However, as an experienced Windows IT Systems Engineer to do such a thing in the enterprise is grounds for dismissal. In other words just because it can be done doesn't always mean it should. All sorts of quirks and bugs can surface as a result and then you will be wondering what is going on and pointing fingers possibly in the wrong direction.
The fact that all the personal settings don't restore from the backup means you're going to have to make all those adjustments anyways. So my recommendation is to always do a fresh install of all your apps. It may take longer, but the whole thing is going to take several hours anyway and by doing it fresh the chances of something getting in that shouldn't are highly reduced. I did a fresh install of everything on my S23U and everything is working great for me. YMMV

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I have had relatively good luck allowing a phone backup to restore the apps and data on a new phone. However, as an experienced Windows IT Systems Engineer to do such a thing in the enterprise is grounds for dismissal. In other words just because it can be done doesn't always mean it should. All sorts of quirks and bugs can surface as a result and then you will be wondering what is going on and pointing fingers possibly in the wrong direction.
The fact that all the personal settings don't restore from the backup means you're going to have to make all those adjustments anyways. So my recommendation is to always do a fresh install of all your apps. It may take longer, but the whole thing is going to take several hours anyway and by doing it fresh the chances of something getting in that shouldn't are highly reduced. I did a fresh install of everything on my S23U and everything is working great for me. YMMV
This post 👆 should probably be pinned in some form or fashion...simply as fair warning.

nalybuites

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I am going to be switching from the Pixel 7 pro to the S23 ultra next week. I also just backed up my Tab S8 that I sold using Smart switch on my PC.

I know I can use the built in stuff on Android when I setup the phone to copy over my apps and data from the Pixel to the S23 ultra. But is there a way to copy the data and apps from smart switch on my PC without losing any of the data and apps from the Pixel transfer?
I'd love to know where you got with this. I have the same problem, upgrading from a Pixel 5 to an S23. The SmartSwitch app doesn't transfer the app data, so any games that do not use the Google Play Games framework to sync progress do not get transferred. The Google Pixel transfer app DOES transfer this data completely (I had originally upgraded from Pixel 5 to Pixel 7 until I realized what trash the fingerprint sensor was).

I've tried a bunch of different methods. My next attempt is going to be via ADB.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d