Pixel Watch December update downloading now!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Check your Pixel Watch system update option -- December update available now! I read in a Google support forum that they fixed the AOD bug for 3rd party watchfaces (where the display would go to sleep even with AOD turned on), so I'll have to see if that's actually the case.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How many of you have the Pixel Watch LTE through a carrier? I wonder if those depend on the carrier to release their own tweaked version of the update.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I have the LTE version set up through T-Mobile - no update yet. Curious if those not yet in receipt of the December update are still on the security update from July...

messages_0.png

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
https://youtu.be/iomogY7dHSA

This worked flawlessly. Amusing that it says the battery is too low to download and run the update even at 97%, mandating it be on the charger to start...

Update took about 10 minutes to download, install, and reset.

Now if they could just make it this easy to get Pixel Phone updates on demand when available!

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but even that is not how it did it, as it randomly choose 5, and not my first five...

Mine is showing the first 5 as they appear alphabetically in the starred listing of my contacts on the phone. I truly hope Google gets around to a fix for this allowing editing this tile, as while there's great value for me in being able to select a few key contacts (it would also be great if the tile adapted size of the 'buttons' for this to accommodate anywhere from 1 to 5 contacts), in its current rendition it is nigh useless - only 1 of my 5 is one I call regularly enough that I would want it as a quick-link.

Last edited:

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Mine is showing the first 5 as they appear alphabetically in the starred listing of my contacts on the phone. I truly hope Google gets around to a fix for this allowing editing this tile, as while there's great value for me in being able to select a few key contacts (it would also be great if the tile adapted size of the 'buttons' for this to accommodate anywhere from 1 to 5 contacts), in its current rendition it is nigh useless - only 1 of my 5 is one I call regularly enough that I would want it as a quick-link.

Yeah, on the Galaxy 4/5 watches, you can edit and put whomever you want to on the tile. Shouldn't be that difficult for Google to implement.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
https://youtu.be/iomogY7dHSA

This worked flawlessly. Amusing that it says the battery is too low to download and run the update even at 97%, mandating it be on the charger to start...

Update took about 10 minutes to download, install, and reset.

Now if they could just make it this easy to get Pixel Phone updates on demand when available!

I found that link yesterday and accomplished the update after "mashing" as he suggested. I also had to place it on the charger. Here's a screenshot I captured during the process. Oh, by the way, I'm on Google Fi. I had checked a couple of time and NO update. Not until I mashed that icon.

screenshot-2022-12-08-07-14-42.png

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I found that link yesterday and accomplished the update after "mashing" as he suggested. I also had to place it on the charger. Here's a screenshot I captured during the process. Oh, by the way, I'm on Google Fi. I had checked a couple of time and NO update. Not until I mashed that icon.

View attachment 350319

I did this also but it was pretty nerve racking. My watch is the WIFI/BT version. I did what the vid showed and put it on the charger. Checked an hour later it was still downloading, Went to bed and checked it and it showed that it was just starting to install this was another hour later. Woke up for work and it was showing that it was still installing but almost done. I knew this wasn't right. Tried to shut the watch off no response.

Ended up checking the watch after work and it was dead no charge. Put it on the charger and got the lightning bolt which was good. Left it charging for a while an it finally started working again. Checked for the update again and it asked if I want to try again. After letting it fully charge I gave it another shot . It took about 2 hours for it to download and install.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
@Coop61

Glad you made it through. I hate when things go bump in the night. I read where someone else got BLACK SCREEN of death. I guess pressing both buttons together for about 10-15 seconds can force a reboot.

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I did this also but it was pretty nerve racking. My watch is the WIFI/BT version. I did what the vid showed and put it on the charger. Checked an hour later it was still downloading, Went to bed and checked it and it showed that it was just starting to install this was another hour later. Woke up for work and it was showing that it was still installing but almost done. I knew this wasn't right. Tried to shut the watch off no response.

Ended up checking the watch after work and it was dead no charge. Put it on the charger and got the lightning bolt which was good. Left it charging for a while an it finally started working again. Checked for the update again and it asked if I want to try again. After letting it fully charge I gave it another shot . It took about 2 hours for it to download and install.
I have the WiFi/BT version as well. For updates, they go much faster if you turn off the BT and just use WiFi for the download. It was going super slow, so I rebooted the watch, turned BT off, connected to WiFi and restarted the download process. Finished downloading in about 3 minutes and then a few more for the update to process. 15 minutes total (on the charger the whole time).

Imagine if you will....

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I have the WiFi/BT version as well. For updates, they go much faster if you turn off the BT and just use WiFi for the download. It was going super slow, so I rebooted the watch, turned BT off, connected to WiFi and restarted the download process. Finished downloading in about 3 minutes and then a few more for the update to process. 15 minutes total (on the charger the whole time).

Imagine if you will....

This is good to know. Thank you !

stmiranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Never noticed that mine updated to the Dec 5 update. So no telling when or how long it took. Have the LTE version but currently LTE not enabled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174