Pop-up sends apps to PIP?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Everything is lovely for the most part but I've been facing this one super annoying thing and I hope I'm just missing something and I'm also hoping that someone out there knows what it is.

Whenever I connect to a Bluetooth device YouTube and Maps minimize to the PIP screen. I noticed it while getting into my car the first few times. I have my POD cast running in the background and I open Maps to start my commute and as soon as the radio connects Maps goes to PIP. I didn't catch what also popped up when this happened as I was trying to leave and didn't have time for it. When I noticed this as a trend I noticed that the pop up was, complete action with; Chrome, Tasker, (some third option I don't remember). I have no idea what action I was completing? I have everything open and all that is happening is I'm connected to the car's BT. I chose Tasker I think but didn't select Always, so it'll happen again. This evening I was watching some YT and wanted to use my Galaxy Buds but when I opened the case the battery level popped up and minimized YT to PIP. I then tried several other apps but it seems to only affect apps that can PIP. While annoying, the pop up did not do anything other than cover the apps I tried it with.

So I don't even know what the first pop-up was about and while I understand the second I don't understand why it is minimizing everything. I'm going to keep messing around with it but if you have any thoughts leave me a comment.

Thanks

Update: it stops playback altogether with Netflix. It minimized it then it just stopped and took me to my Netflix feed.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried going to settings & searching for 'Special Access', then selecting 'Picture-in-picture'?

You can then toggle on or off apps that can appear in a picture-in-picture window. It might be worth looking at.
:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220320-033926_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220320-033926_Settings.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia