Possible dead charger slot?

sm111l3zz

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
So my Samsung l9305 was charging normally the day before. This night it started to charge VERY slowly. Earlier this day, I got it to "charge", but it wasn't charging (it stood on 50%, yet the shock icon on the battery was there, and I let it charge for about 30 minutes). And a few hours ago, it won't even get recognized when I am trying to charge it! I have tried different cables and chargers, I have cleaned out any dirt that has gotten into the charger slot, I have disassembled and reassembled the phone multiple times, and I have tried charging it in the computer's USB slot aswell. I am suspecting a dead charger slot. Are there any other reasons why it could have started doing this?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It might be the port or it might be the battery, too. How old is it? Maybe it's reaching the end of its useful life... Have you tried a different battery or can you try your battery in a different phone to see if it will charge slowly as well?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You should also try turning the phone off completely and see if it'll charge normally - that'll eliminate any misbehaving applications from the troubleshooting tree.

If it turns out to be the micro-USB port you could either get it replaced (ex. http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerce.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-usb-port-repair/) or just invest in a wireless charging solution.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

sm111l3zz

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
"It might be the port or it might be the battery, too. How old is it? Maybe it's reaching the end of its useful life... Have you tried a different battery or can you try your battery in a different phone to see if it will charge slowly as well?"

I actually got a new battery just two days ago.

"You should also try turning the phone off completely and see if it'll charge normally - that'll eliminate any misbehaving applications from the troubleshooting tree."

I just had it the entire day recharging off, nothing happened :(

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Then yeah, it seems like it's a hardware issue. Might be the port or might be the charging circuit. If you have quick access to a wireless charging cover for the S3 then that might rule out the charging circuit and pin-point it to the USB port.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeviTaylor