Problem after problem.. help?

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
My friend made a good point today, he was telling me that another way is to say I downloaded it from the app store, technically it can be downloaded from the app store, and it won't do anything for un-rooted users, which I now am.. so, if they say anything, I can say look it says that the phone isn't rooted, you can get this in the app store, nothing is wrong. Well, that will be my backup story at least.

Not that they're likely to investigate it to this extent, but if you look under data/data, there will probably be a superuser folder with the preferences from the superuser app indicating what apps were given superuser permissions. From that they'd know that is was rooted at one point.

One last option you could try is to connect to your phone with ADB over WiFi. I've done it before, but it can be flaky to get it working manually. There's utilities like this that supposedly make it easier.

Just don't want it if everybody thinks there are much better phones out. (I can't afford the newest ones though)

At this point, I'd recommend you get a different phone. There's enough hardware issues (week signal strength, flaky GPS that's broken, then fixed, then broken again) on top of the mountain of bugs in the official software and the total lack of timely updates that is should be pretty clear this phone is a dead-end. While they're still working on the Fascinate, most of the devs seem to have picked up other phones, so the handwriting would seem to be on the wall.

It's a shame really, because the phone could have been great. Of course, this is just my 2c.

cfox10

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I went into the store today, they looked at it for a while, couldn't figure the problem out. I told them I had already went over steps with customer support, and they said Okay, they are going to ship out a new phone for me. Apparently west coast vzw stores don't carry the phones in stock?

Anyway, I'm getting the fascinate again, hoping it won't have USB problems this time.. gonna buy the extended warranty now too. Hoping to get Froyo on it this time, and then I'm going to keep that terminal line stuff up there on handy if I ever have a problem with USB again and need to unroot.

Thank you to everyone for the help, these forums rock!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63