Receiving videos and they are blurry

Ginnette

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else have an issue where when they receive a video from someone its blurry? I've been receiving some from iphones and they are always blurry.

Ginnette

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
no they look good on the individuals phone, and once they send it to me the entire video is blurry and hard to see. Dont think its an HTC LTE issue, maybe HTC or Sprint? The last phone I had was the original Evo 4g.

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
It's heavily compressed just like sending pictures. My pictures are always on 8mp auto shoot, but whenever I send them out. Our programs or something compress the "ba-jebuss" out them compromising the quality.

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else have an issue where when they receive a video from someone its blurry? I've been receiving some from iphones and they are always blurry.

I get the same thing from my moms iPhone. Not sure why. Looks great on her phone and terrible on mine.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

TheBundo

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I always use email for videos, and usually photos too. It's a better tool for those things, and just as easy to use. Or you can upload the videos to Dropbox and just text the link

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Never text videos, with 5mb limit only makes sense it compresses video.

Sent from the blob fish (if you don't know what a blobfish is, Google it)

Stancy Singh

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem!

So, is there no way to change this 5 mb limit for texted videos? I have a Samsung Note 4.

And is this just a problem with Android and not iphones?

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This is an MMS issue, not an Android one (i.e., Google did not create MMS). iPhones use iMessage, which is a proprietary messaging system.

The best option is to upload your video to your Google Photos or YouTube, then share the link privately with the recipient.

Dumpruns

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
My phone is doing the same crap I spent over two hours trying to figure it out it is definitely a bug that has to be fixed by Google they should really have a recall on these phones

Dumpruns

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Yes my pixel phone is doing the same thing and so is my brother's pixel Plus definitely going to return phone never had this problem with any of my Samsungs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XavierusKasshh