Refurbished S7 Issues

lexxxii

Aug 31, 2019
Visit site
Hi so I purchased a refurbished S7 on Ebay a few months ago and it's in excellent condition and I really do like the phone. However I've been continuing to have some minor yet annoying issues. My problems with the phone are overheating and a very quickly draining battery. I've owned a lot of smartphones (including samsungs) in my life, but I've never had such bad overheating/draining issues like I do now. I'm always making sure there are no apps running in the background, always clearing the clipboard, always clearing cache (I even have 60+ gb of external storage). The point is I do my best to take care of it and make sure there is always plenty of space. The battery drains really fast, (even when I'm not using it) more than I've ever really seen with any other phone. I don't trust those 'battery optimization' apps because I feel as if it will make the issue worse. One more thing that only happens maybe a couple times a month or so: it crashes randomly. It crashes, then when I hold down the power, volume, and home button, it takes me to some screen talking about loading some firmware onto the phone. Then it restarts and takes me to my lock screen and it's all back to normal. Any tips on how I can prevent all these issues? I can't invest in a new phone for a while...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The battery might be failing -- remember, you have a refurbished phone, which doesn't mean they replaced the battery with a brand new one. If the previous owner abused the battery (e.g., by letting it drain deeply on a frequent basis), that could lead to significant shortening of the lifespan. Try using AccuBattery's battery health feature to see what your battery reading is: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.digibites.accubattery&hl=en_US

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe