Renaming my android device thru Terminal emulator

A

AC Question

I wanted to rename my andrioid device thru terminal emulator. So i diid tye foowloing
The device was rooted. I verfified root access thru root checker. (also it shows # on TE when is type "su". I entered the follg command
setprop net.hostname JRDROID (INSTEAD OF OLD NAME)
i verified the name thru getprop
However after rebooting the device still shows old name such "androidXXXXX".any clues or suggestions

rameshjey

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
renaming my insignia android device

I wanted to rename my android device thru terminal emulator. So i did the following
The device was rooted. I verified root access thru root checker. (also it shows # on TE when is type "su". I entered the follg command
However after rebooting the device still shows old name such "androidXXXXX". Any clues or suggestions

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to rename my andrioid device thru terminal emulator. So i diid tye foowloing
The device was rooted. I verfified root access thru root checker. (also it shows # on TE when is type "su". I entered the follg command
However after rebooting the device still shows old name such "androidXXXXX".any clues or suggestions

Welcome to Android Central!

It sounds like it is not writing to the build.prop. You should be able to just use a file explorer to open the bulid.prop and change the name via a text editor.