Reverted to Sprint Stock ROM

kusanagi-sama

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I reverted to stock Sprint ROM on my Optimus S to swap phone numbers with my new phone. Well, everything works except the 1xRTT/3G radio. Wifi and Cellular radios still work though. I flashed three times in total. Once to revert to stock, then again to make sure it took. The third time was because someone said I should in Kraven's CM7.1 thread. Still don't work though.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Just to be clear, which baseband version of stock did you reinstall?

Also, did you wipe the caches and data before installing?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I reverted to stock Sprint ROM on my Optimus S to swap phone numbers with my new phone.
What are you trying to accomplish?

If your data isn't working do a ##786# reset from the dialer. Make sure you have stock recovery (which you should have if you reverted to stock VD using the Sprint update.zip)

It'll reset your NVRAM and reprovision your phone. If your phone isn't activated, obviously it won't be able to reprovision your phone.

kusanagi-sama

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
What are you trying to accomplish?

If your data isn't working do a ##786# reset from the dialer. Make sure you have stock recovery (which you should have if you reverted to stock VD using the Sprint update.zip)

It'll reset your NVRAM and reprovision your phone. If your phone isn't activated, obviously it won't be able to reprovision your phone.

That kind of won't work. It wants a service code to reset. And the phone is activated. I can make calls with it.

I'll take it to the Sprint store to see what they can do. Since it's all stock now, they won't question anything. I'll just tell them I did a factory reset and the 3G radio quit working.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That kind of won't work. It wants a service code to reset. And the phone is activated. I can make calls with it.
I understand, but the reason your 3G doesn't work when your phone otherwise works is one of two reasons
1) you have the wrong baseband
2) your NVRAM and provisioning is messed up

#1 is not your problem if you ran the ZVD update.zip multiple times

You are left with #2. You can get the service code by simply calling Sprint and asking to speak to tech support. Tell them your phone was not behaving well (specifically data wasn't working and it won't provision) and you were asked to do a ##786# reset, but it is now asking for a code and you are stuck. They'll give you a 6 digit # to enter.

kusanagi-sama

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I understand, but the reason your 3G doesn't work when your phone otherwise works is one of two reasons
1) you have the wrong baseband
2) your NVRAM and provisioning is messed up

#1 is not your problem if you ran the ZVD update.zip multiple times

You are left with #2. You can get the service code by simply calling Sprint and asking to speak to tech support. Tell them your phone was not behaving well (specifically data wasn't working and it won't provision) and you were asked to do a ##786# reset, but it is now asking for a code and you are stuck. They'll give you a 6 digit # to enter.

I used the six digit number they had me use when switching the numbers between the Optimus S and Photon 4G. That six digit number worked to reset it. And hey, it worked!

AvantGuard

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I've got the same issue, so now that I;ve got the process down, can I ask what method you used to revert to stock? I'm wanting to take care of this today, but I'm not clear on the best route to take to get to stock so I can update and then re-root.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devboilol