[ROM]Cdma WildfireS Ginger LeanSense-1.0.1 [2.3.4](1/8/12)

2fast4u88

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
LeanSense-1.0.1

Warning you need a ext partition to install this rom. You can do that via advanced in cwm. Where 512 or 1024mb should be fine. How ever be warned you need to back up the sdcard before partitioning, or else you will lose all the data on the card.

Warning this is base one the uscc 2.3.4 rom. This means on other carriers you may have issues with mms. With that said you flash this at your own risk. Flashing anything will void your warranty. Which upon flashing your warranty is now void. You also need s-off to flash this. If you care to not read this warning or follow it you are on your own.

Screenshots:
If someone is willing to nab the screenshots for me. Please pm me to see which I need. Thanks

What it is:
LeanSense is a debloated, slimmed and overall fast stock rom for the cdma wildfires. The rom was built from uscc own 2.3.4 rom with sense 2.1, it is stock and plain. This doesn't mean it doesn't pack a few nice features though. It would also make a good base for someone wanting to play with roms.. How ever if you plan to use it give

What's Done:
First ever WildfireS Rom to use (cmtd removed till proved working), you should have 200mb+ for apps or if you move dalvik to the ext it can be even more....
Deodex'd to allow themeing.
Slimmed & Debloated (Removed all useless apps, htc's spyware apps and uscc's apps (Can be downloaded from market if wanted).
DarkTremmor's Apps2sd+.
Stock Sounds moved to sd card (To save space).
Customize folder and fonts move to ext3.
3/4's to entire rom optimized where possible.
Tweaked the built in task killer to keep a better control of the ram (No need for a task killer).
Tweaked ram settings to increase speed and response. May even help battery life.
Numerous edits to help with speed, response and battery life.
Upped heapsize (Not sure what is up with the 20mb setting).
Usb Debugging prompts disable. But usb debugging is still enabled.
Boot animation and Down animation moved to data/local. If you want to change the boot animation or down animation, Keep it the same file name.
Support boot animation sound and down animation sound. Name it boot.mp3 or down.mp3
I have a feeling I am missing more but I am sure you will find it if so.

Download:
LeanSense-1.0.0: Click Here
Md5sum: 24842e1434ab3ca9ed02535ae76c5967

LeanSense-1.0.1:Click Here
Md5sum: 16836b93682ee4e1e6f882d2a034be17

How to Install:
Download the above version you would like to install. This would be a good time to check the md5sum. If linux just type md5sum into terminal dragging the file over. Windows you will have to google md5sum checker. You don't need to check the md5sum but if you get issues flashing or such you know to check. If it is wrong you have a corrupt download.

Once that checks out fine put the LeanSense-x.x.x.zip on your sd card. Unmount the sd card and reboot to recovery. Once rebooted into recovery, Go to install zip from sd-card, finding LeanSense-x.x.x.zip.

Once installed reboot. First boot will take a few as it unpacks everything. As in it will take a few mins to even see the boot animation. If you boot loop yank the battery and try again to boot. If it doesn't boot again try the process over again.

WARNING DO NOT FLASH A CWM WITH CMTD INSTALLED, IF YOU DO YOU ARE IN FOR A BIG HEADACHE. ALSO DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL A NEW ROM WHILE ON CMTD OR USE THE FILES WITH ANOTHER ROM. UNLESS OF COURSE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. IF YOU DECIDE TO USE ANOTHER ROM YOU NEED TO BOOT TO RECOVERY INSTALL THE REMOVE ZIP, REBOOT TO RECOVERY AND DO A WIPE. THEN INSTALL THE ROM, FAILURE TO DO THE ABOVE WILL LEAD TO NON BOOTING.......

Bug reports/issues can be done at the following link or in this thread (How ever I am always busy, where it may take me a few days to get back to you here):
LeanSense-1.0.0 Discussion • Roms • 2FastRoms

Credits:
Cyanogen Team for the sweet roms
Firerat for cmtd
Darktremmor of apps2sd
Mkm1126 for supplying the base
Simmon for testing cmtd and the rom out

Last edited:

2fast4u88

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Top [ROM]Cdma WildfireS Ginger LeanSense-1.0.0 [2.3.4](12/25/

The above was tested by simmon on the virgin mobile wildfire s. According to him it boots, works and mms even works. If it does or not I do not know as I don't have a test device. Also as for the us cellular wildfire my tester has a weird issue trying to get it flashed. Where I can't confirm it is the rom or something else. So I need someone to verify what is going on. Also if you get a issue or non boot. Where you are on the gsm cwm try with the cdma verision that I built.

Another note is this rom will not boot with out a ext partition. Any class card will be fine, and also can be done in cwm. 512mb or 1024mb with no swap will work, though you need to do this before attempting to install the rom. Also when partitioning the sd card be sure to backup all data on the card or else you will loose it.

djsquiggly

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

So to get hack to stock just ten the remove zip and install old ROM after a reboot and wipe? Sounds simple enough. I was waiting for someone to try it before I gave it a whirl but what Tue hell. I'll take some screens too.

Prenominal

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

Formatted data, cache, system, boot, and dalvik cache. Partitioned my SD card (512mb, 0mb Swap). I then flashed the CMTD, rebooted recovery, flashed LeanSense and it's been hanging on the HTC screen for about 40 minutes. I am on the A510c Virgin Mobile version of the phone. Any suggestions?

Edit: I've also tried pulling the battery and starting the phone back up, no luck.

2fast4u88

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

Ok I had a feeling that was true though simmon swore up and down that it booted just fine. Though he was the only one that has supposably managed to boot it up. In which unless he did something totally different that I told him not to. Then he didn't get it to boot either, which if that is true I guess he didn't want anything going against his rom. Which is no surprise any way at this point.

I know the issue how ever which is something with the ext partition. Where it isn't the rom nor the kernel. How ever if you could nab a logcat if possible if you have adb setup. Just do adb logcat and boot the phone. You should see it loop a error a few times over, where you can then just unplug the phone. Followed by copy and paste the errror on pastebin.com. If you can't do it, that is fine as I already know of one error.

Otherwise it isn't going to boot in the current condition. So flash the remove.zip and reboot recovery. Upon rebooting do a full wipe, format system and boot. Then you can restore the backup or rom you were previously on.

On other note since I can't depend on simon or his other buddy on his team to test anything correctly. I need testers on uscc or v-mobile.

What I need tested is as follows:
Clockworkmod builds (I believe I see the issue with why this won't boot. Where the gsm recovery also has the same issue)
Kernels ( Overclock and undervolt)
Rom Releases (Currently setting on cm builds simmon claimed not to boot (How ever the fixes I put in the roms he is using last I looked), 2 sense roms done (One based on virgin and the other uscc)
Then I need to actually confirm cmtd works correctly since someone probably pulled my leg on that one as well.

If you want to test anything shoot me a pm, where I will supply my gtalk info.

Edit: I will have this fixed and re-uploaded in a few hours. How ever the link may not be posted till later in the morning.

2fast4u88

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

Updated original post with version 1.0.1. This version does not use cmtd or need a ext partition to boot. When proven that it boots I will then put cmtd back in.

Confirmed booting and working on uscc, one report of working on virgin mobile.

Last edited:

Prenominal

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I will try the version 1.0.1 with my Virgin Mobile version of the phone. I will edit this post as soon as I have tested. Update: If it makes absolutely any difference, I flashed it both times with CWM5 (first with CMTD, second without).

EDIT: Version 1.0.1 boots and everything works quite well (WiFi works, data works, camera with flash works, bluetooth, etc.). I hope you get the ext partition working though and I would extremely appreciate an overclockable kernel for the VMUSA version. There is so little development on this small pack-a-punch device. Also, if you want to give me links to stuff for downloading and testing, I'd be more than happy to help. If my help can move development along, count me in.

Last edited:

xshad0wzx

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

Updated original post with version 1.0.1. This version does not use cmtd or need a ext partition to boot. When proven that it boots I will then put cmtd back in.

Confirmed booting and working on uscc, one report of working on virgin mobile.

Are you still in need of testers for 1.0.1? id be glad to give it a go on my phone

also, just wipe/flash the rom and go?

oh and one more thing, do i need CWM for this? because i have the custom recovery supplied by simon for his roms

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lumen