Samsung A30 Stuck in Donwloading... (Download Mode)

PuffedRice

Aug 9, 2022
Visit site
Newbie here. Tried to download TWRP onto my unrooted device (Galaxy A30 exynos) with Odin and now my phone is stuck on "downloading" screen. When I try to cancel (restart phone) it goes to the startup/booting screen for less than a second and then jumps back to "downloading". It says this at the top left corner of the screen:
recovery: Error validating footer (6) CUSTOM RECOVERY VBMETA D0S60UD3. 38308538R

The bootloader is unlocked.
Using Odin 3.14
and downloaded twrp from the official website.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
This is straight from team twrp

If you wish to install TWRP without rooting, there are numerous pitfalls to consider. For example, a stock device is protected by Android Verified Boot. This is implemented as a vbmeta partition that contains cryptographic digests for verifying the integrity of boot.img, recovery.img and other partitions/images. Flashing TWRP without first flashing a vbmeta image with verity disabled will render your device unable to boot.

Please bear all of the above in mind when considering the installation methods listed below, and refer to the device's TWRP support thread on XDA for detailed information about installation and the associated hazards. Details of the firmware version(s) with which the current TWRP image's kernel is compatible can be found in the TWRP changelog for this device.

https://twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalaxya30s.html

PuffedRice

Aug 9, 2022
Visit site
SO what can I do now to fix it like either go back to how it was or successfully flash twrp. I have tried flashing stock firmware doesn't work I get error on ODIN. I tried to flash only the vbmeta.tar from an earlier twrp.img I found on XDA that didnt work as well. How can I fix this? Or maybe go back to how it was.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
SO what can I do now to fix it like either go back to how it was or successfully flash twrp. I have tried flashing stock firmware doesn't work I get error on ODIN. I tried to flash only the vbmeta.tar from an earlier twrp.img I found on XDA that didnt work as well. How can I fix this? Or maybe go back to how it was.
Welcome to AC!
Have you used Odin to flash stock firmwares before?

Get the latest odin and Frija firmware tool from xda forums put in download mode with a known good cable