Samsung Galaxy Apps is disabled...but can't find out what to enable

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Bought a Samsung Galaxy 2 Active Smartwatch and am having issues using the Galaxy Store app. When I tap on the 'find more in the galaxy store' icon, it says 'Samsung Galaxy Apps is disabled. To enable it, tap SETTINGS' I do that and look through all my apps but none are (seemingly) disabled.
I had purchased and used a package disabler a few years back (to help with battery/bloatware), which likely disabled something it needs. However, I've tried to go through and find anything disabled and cannot get it to work for the life of me. I'm trying to use smart switch to back up and reinstall the firmware but having issues there. Simply finding the file that it needs/enabling something it needs would be faster. I'm pulling out my hair at this point...any help would be appreciated!

mrgisa

May 1, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. The problem I have is similar to the one here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/a...-enable-tap-settings.html?passport=1626297758 (but I didn't want to hijack/bump an old thread).

Weird thing is, I can't find the galaxy store app. I believe it's supposed to be a default app but not seeing it. If I look on the Google Play Store, it's not there either.

In hindsight, the package disabler wasn't a bright move because it doesn't work currently, so I can't use it to enable/disable anything. I emailed the developer but I'm not expecting much. It would also explain why Smart Switch isn't working for me.

I've backed up pictures, files, etc...so I'm not afraid to wipe the phone and start from scratch but other than this issue, everything else works perfectly, go figure.

mrgisa

May 1, 2016
Visit site
Thank you. Like I said, not afraid to wipe the phone if need be, but if there is a way to make the galaxy store tab via the galaxy wearable app, I'll definitely try it out.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you. Like I said, not afraid to wipe the phone if need be, but if there is a way to make the galaxy store tab via the galaxy wearable app, I'll definitely try it out.
Your welcome, i would hold off on a wipe for now , lets see any other members can chime in.

mrgisa

May 1, 2016
Visit site
Problem solved. The developer wrote back, gave instructions how to uninstall the package disabler (which re-enables everything) and after a reboot, presto I can see and navigate the galaxy store.

Thank you for suggesting I hold off. If anyone else runs into this issue, this might explain why though.

All the best,
Mr. Gisa

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Problem solved. The developer wrote back, gave instructions how to uninstall the package disabler (which re-enables everything) and after a reboot, presto I can see and navigate the galaxy store.

Thank you for suggesting I hold off. If anyone else runs into this issue, this might explain why though.

All the best,
Mr. Gisa
Glad to hear it , so it was package disabler issue?