Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra playing music stops randomly

bakobela85

Aug 7, 2023
Visit site
Hi everyone! I have a problem with my Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. While listening to music, the playback stops randomly when I use Bluetooth headphones. Currently, I’m using YouTube Music, but I’ve also tried Apple Music and Spotify. The same thing happens with Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro and AirPods Pro. I noticed that this problem occurs more frequently when I’m in a crowded place with more people. Do you have any tips on what this is and how I can solve it? It’s very frustrating sometimes!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just to be sure -- nothing is accidentally touching the headphones (which might be activating a pause/play function)?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if the buds are triggering other people's phones to ask if they want to pair. Not sure if that would cause your buds to briefly disconnect. That would certainly be a serious design flaw, if it were the case. Can you test to see what happens if you use your AirPods near a friend who also has an iPhone, or your Galaxy Buds near a friend who also has a Samsung phone? Does any kind of connection window pop up on their phones?

bakobela85

Aug 7, 2023
Visit site
I wonder if the buds are triggering other people's phones to ask if they want to pair. Not sure if that would cause your buds to briefly disconnect. That would certainly be a serious design flaw, if it were the case. Can you test to see what happens if you use your AirPods near a friend who also has an iPhone, or your Galaxy Buds near a friend who also has a Samsung phone? Does any kind of connection window pop up on their phones?
No window appears on the phone. Only the music playback stops for a few seconds, then continues automatically.

bakobela85

Aug 7, 2023
Visit site
Just to clarify, I meant a window appearing on another person's phone, not yours.
Sorry, I misunderstood :D I don't know if any notification appears on other people's phones, but it has also happened that it stopped while walking when there wasn't really anyone nearby. So there are quite a lot of variations when it just stops like that.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could try changing the Bluetooth codec. This requires turning on Developer Options -- to do that, go to Settings>About Phone, then tap Build Number 7 times. Now look for Developer Options in the main Settings (might be under System), and look for the option to change the Bluetooth codec. Not sure if this will do anything, but worth a try.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

gomezz

May 8, 2021
Visit site
When I got some new wireless earbuds recently I found that they often used to time out after about three minutes but then I would reconnect and they would be fine thereafter.

I eventually realised it was down to the MacroDroid macro I use to control the Bluetooth connection when disconnecting a device and I had overlooked that I needed to add the new earbuds to the list of constraints to stop the macro activating when I switched from the portable speaker I was initially listening to the new earbuds before leaving home and heading out for a walk.

Could there be something similar happeng here with a Bixby routine or Smart Unlock?

Reactions: dakini03

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I have my Bluetooth earbuds paired to other phone so that happens to me when I am using them on one phone and then something comes on the other phone and interrupts my audio on my earbuds.

Reactions: kevinpleasants

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter