Samsung Galaxy S8 Mini in the works. All the Details! Are you excited?

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Folks, This is something that has really made me excited.

I've always loved the mini version of Samsung's flagship devices because not only was it cheaper, but also smaller and more portable. There have been reports coming from MANY sites stating that there is a Galaxy S8 Mini in the works.
Release Date: Nov / Dec 2017

techradar - - Galaxy S8 Mini
BGR - - Galaxy S8 Mini
gsmarena - - Galaxy S8 Mini
techadvisor - Galaxy S8 Mini
androidheadlines - Galaxy S8 Mini

Do you think its real?
Would you buy it and trade in your Glalaxy S8 for it?

Rumoured Specs:

• Screen: 5.3-inch (no bezel)
  • Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 821
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Storage: 32GB + microSD support of up to 256GB
  • Camera: 12MP rear shooter

Galaxy S8 Mini.jpg

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Same aspect ratio? If so then no way.

Could you imagine how narrow that would be and how hard typing would be? The S8 is almost too narrow as it is. You go down .5" in size and its going to be a nightmare.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Same aspect ratio?

Yes, it's rumoured to have the same 18.5:9 aspect ratio.

I know it might seem small but if you look at the iPhone SE. Thousands of people purchased it. So having a smaller keyboard isn't always a bad thing for some people 😃

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I personally think it would be a hit. Nothing under 5 inches though and it wouldn't hurt to make it a bit wider. Actually the regular size S8 is a pretty good one hand model. I'd be surprised if this comes to fruition.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Any mini Ive dealt with were too mini. After having 64GB on a Note 7 and now an s8, I can never live like a commoner with 32GB again, that is the deal breaker.

/never used more than 16GB on any phone other than SD

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
This would be a good time for Samsung to introduce flat screen to the S8 series
That's a good point. There is no reason to have the curved display on the mini if it does get released.

To mention in regard to how many GB the mini will have. 32g with an expandable storage should be plenty of space. Unless one downloads thousands of songs and hundreds of movies. 32g is quite a bit of room just by itself. Plus you add the expandable storage. The new iPad I just ordered is a 32g and I'm perfectly fine with that. I though don't download songs and movies and you have your cloud for pictures. 32g is plenty of space for majority of users. Sure I love having more space but would I ever come close to using it up, not a chance. 32g in my iPad Air 2 will definitely meets all my needs which is web browsing, reading articles and streaming movies and YouTube. Storage won't even be an issue.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
That's going to be as good as the current S8's but I am all about the big screen, also waiting for Note 8..

Cheers,
BR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej