Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Battery Won't Charge Without Reboot

shervom

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
My tab pro SM-T325 is a tablet phone.
There's only a fine line between a tablet and a phone. Most of them use the same hardware, probably a different battery capacity. We install the same apps on our phone and tablet too.

pbasch

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem. My Samsung GTP 8.4 doesn't seem to charge unless I use the come-with cable and charger! That's not right, is it? I used a 2A charger. The battery icon had a red X in it, and in battery settings it said "not charging". Then I tried the come-with charger and one of my micro-USB cables and it STILL didn't work. I thought part of the appeal of Android tablets is that you don't need a proprietary charging setup - just enough amps. What's the deal?

shervom

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Update: My problem was fixed after I sent it in to check. They claimed that there was no problem with the phone but replaced my charger. Since then I never used the original charger but some of those OEM multi-usb charger that gives at least 2A output. Works fine.

However, I do get the not charging cross when I connect one of my power bank to my phone. No idea why.

Jenny van Formosa

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys, my tab pro 8.4 seems had battery issue which I am not sure but I find out it was much much slow to recharge then mobile of samsung or HTC one. And one strange thing is last night I plug in to recharge so this morning was 100% before I went out then I back home it was 46%, I feel that is really NOT normal. ( I turn off all the functions e.g. wifi, screen rotation ...and so on). I google how to save the power and most of the asnwers I also know just turn off the apps which you do not use brablabla but what is the real solution for this samsung tab pro battery issue which I really do not want to change the new battery by myself. p.s. I also check the software update situation , it said is last version already. So I really do not know anymore how to solve this recharge slow(very slow) and power dead soon issues. HELP !!!

Cristi_Pitbull

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with my SM-T325 , i've tried everything on forums : reset, hard reset( vol menu button power button) nothing works !

Ps: I'm using genuine 2A white charger and even tried with Asus Nexus 7 charger 2A( ridiculously is that it works better than with the genuine samsung, the white one needs 5 unplug/plugs, with Asus Black charger only 3 unplug/plugs )

I had another interesting experience with this tablet.... it charged 100% without notice that the battery is full(I saw this tiny little detail -battery full icon- ensures that it is really charged) restarted it to verify something and shock !!! the value dropped to 62% and the charging sequence stopped ...and even if it shows "charging" while I'm typing these lines, it dropped to 59% ). pff !!!

PPS: The white charger works fine on my Galaxy S4 and i've installed an app that shows me the amperage during charging and it floats around 340 mAh - 600mAh - 990mAh - 3xx mAh and so on....(with both chargers - maybe it's a battery problem... but it's weird cuz if i manage to charge it completely, i do have a very good battery life )

Last edited:

JenAdy98

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Have the same problem...and a hard system restore(from the Dos of the tab..)didnt help me at all......please help......i`m stressed out cause i have no warranty and work all day on the tab...

dwight labarda

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys i am new in here. So my problem is that my samsung note 2 restart all by it self when it hits 60% below and after that my battery percentage went to 10% someone pls help me......

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

SusieFindell

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro won't charge past 30%

I have been charging all day and it won't move past 30%. AND my tablet charger has to be raised a bit to show the lightning bolt in the battery image. I tried the reboot I read elsewhere (push Volume Up, Home and then Power) and I'm trying again....That seemed to move it up 1% so far. Please HELP! I love my tablet and don't want it to die. Can you help me also with the charger issue? What is going on...all at one time!:(:-\

AnciusD

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro won't charge past 30%

I have been charging all day and it won't move past 30%. AND my tablet charger has to be raised a bit to show the lightning bolt in the battery image. I tried the reboot I read elsewhere (push Volume Up, Home and then Power) and I'm trying again....That seemed to move it up 1% so far. Please HELP! I love my tablet and don't want it to die. Can you help me also with the charger issue? What is going on...all at one time!:(:-\

Could be a charger/cable or port damage problem. Have you tried a different charger/cable? Dust in the port?

anon(18763)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Read my post in this forum on battery replacement. For $13 bucks it's worth a shot. I'm guessing this was a common problem with this tablet, poor batch of batteries.

Posted via the Android Central App

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Read my post in this forum on battery replacement. For $13 bucks it's worth a shot. I'm guessing this was a common problem with this tablet, poor batch of batteries.

Posted via the Android Central App

Actually it's not poor batch of batteries, this problem just comes from loose connection. Samsung fix this by using silver conductive glue. The battery is quite hard to be disconnected when they use this glue on the connector.
Silver Conductive Glue.jpg
You can fix it by pushing the opening closer, no need to replace the battery

Fix Battery.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniellewc