Samsung galaxy TabA7 constant reboot loop

Raythebike

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
I've tried several methods to break the reboot loop such as tapping, slapping, power cycling, but my TabA7 is still not responding to power - volume down resetting. Any ideas?

Raythebike

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
To be honest, I'm struggling to know how to get the unit to power off as pressing the power button has no effect.
I can wait for the tablet to fully discharge and then apply charge for 15 minutes or so and try the power - volume down combination which will stop the reboot after about 6 seconds, then after a blank screen and upon seeing the reboot screen I release both buttons, nothing seems to happen.

I also tried pressing the volume down on its own to get into safe mode after realeasing power and volume down, but again the device stayed in its loop.

Raythebike

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Holding power and volume down will make the tablet screen go blank in about 5 seconds, then blank for a second or so then show the boot screen. At the point I've been releasing the buttons and seeing if anything happens. In all cases it will continue with the boot screen for 45 seconds or so, go blank and repeat.
I can't remember if I've held both power and volume for 30 seconds, will try it.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would also clean the buttons with copious amounts of rubbing alcohol, in case there's some residue stuck in there that's causing one of the buttons to remain stuck in a pressed position.

Raythebike

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
I tried holding both power and volume down for 30 seconds and the boot screen went blank every 4/5 seconds and re displayed.
Releasing the buttons left the boot screen on for 90 seconds, blanked for 1 second then repeated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire