Samsung Music App won't play gapless

Simon6776

Oct 5, 2022
Visit site
Hello,

I've been looking for an answer for this for ages, but having thought I'd sorted it out, the problem has arisen again.

The issue is that my Samsung Music app won't play gapless. There is a small, maybe .25 of a second gap between each track when playing an album, which might not sound a lot but it's noticeable especially when playing live albums or ones where tracks segue together.

For ages I thought the Skip silence between tracks option should be turned On, but then I found by accident that turning it Off resolved the issue, and my albums played perfectly for a while.

I then changed phones and also the app has been updated, and once again, the gap has returned, and seems to happen with the Skip silence option either on or off.

The strange thing is, yesterday afternoon, I switched the Skip silence to Off and it worked fine for a while, but this morning, I'm getting gaps again, and changing the Skip Silence setting seems to make no difference.

I know I can use another music player, but other than this issue, I like the Samsung one, and it's become a bit of an obsession to find a solution to this.

Can anyone help? Phone is Galaxy S22+, just upgrade from an S10+

Thanks,

Simon.

DerHof

Oct 30, 2017
Visit site
I don't have an answer to your question for that particular app but I would recommend Musicolet.
My personal opinion... best music app out there and will do what you're asking

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.krosbits.musicolet&gl=US

Hello,

I've been looking for an answer for this for ages, but having thought I'd sorted it out, the problem has arisen again.

The issue is that my Samsung Music app won't play gapless. There is a small, maybe .25 of a second gap between each track when playing an album, which might not sound a lot but it's noticeable especially when playing live albums or ones where tracks segue together.

For ages I thought the Skip silence between tracks option should be turned On, but then I found by accident that turning it Off resolved the issue, and my albums played perfectly for a while.

I then changed phones and also the app has been updated, and once again, the gap has returned, and seems to happen with the Skip silence option either on or off.

The strange thing is, yesterday afternoon, I switched the Skip silence to Off and it worked fine for a while, but this morning, I'm getting gaps again, and changing the Skip Silence setting seems to make no difference.

I know I can use another music player, but other than this issue, I like the Samsung one, and it's become a bit of an obsession to find a solution to this.

Can anyone help? Phone is Galaxy S22+, just upgrade from an S10+

Thanks,

Simon.