Samsung S7 Edge - AUX port malfunction

Jono G

Jan 30, 2023
Visit site
When inserted any speakers / headphones / earphones or simply an aux cable into the aux port on my Samsung S7 Edge all sound is cut off and there is a very loud, what I can only describe as "ticking"
The ticks can best be compared to the sound of a record player when the record is finished. The "tick tick"..."tick tick"
It is played at a very loud volume. This only occurs when something is plugged into the aux port. When removed the "ticking" stops.
So I am currently unable to use any speakers or headphones with my S7.

Please help

Regards
Jono

prmcafee

Apr 20, 2021
Visit site
When inserted any speakers / headphones / earphones or simply an aux cable into the aux port on my Samsung S7 Edge all sound is cut off and there is a very loud, what I can only describe as "ticking"
The ticks can best be compared to the sound of a record player when the record is finished. The "tick tick"..."tick tick"
It is played at a very loud volume. This only occurs when something is plugged into the aux port. When removed the "ticking" stops.
So I am currently unable to use any speakers or headphones with my S7.

Please help

Regards
Jono
By AUX jack I'm assuming you mean the headphone jack on the S7. In any case you can shine a flashlight into the jack and see if there is any dirt or debris in there that might be causing an issue. Beyond that being that it's an S7 I'd suggest getting a new device. Probably not what you wanted to hear but it's the best suggestion I have. The S7 is getting pretty long in the tooth now.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I used to hear ticking when charging my Lumia 930. That’s all I remember, except that it may have been a duff lead or charger.
That was some time in the 19th century.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali