Samsung Vibrant and Yahoo Email Problem

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have had problems with Yahoo email, but not til recently,

but i heard a month or so ago there were some.

I waited, until a friend (with Verizon) (I am with Tmo) told me she called in. They said that there was in fact a Yahoo problem, they fixed it over the phone by giving some new server settings?

FOR ME, I expected the same...I called Tmo, to get to Tech support was horrific. They then had me goto Yahoo Mobile online, download an email App

Once done, I had a new icon, simply a Mail (yahoo) icon INSTEAD of an Email icon to use. I could pick which one???

1. Does this make sense? Was Verizon right, are there some server settings, changes I need to make (symptoms, you may ask: waiting, NOT 5 minutes, but sometimes an hour, sometimes NO messages. Some were from the forums)
So do I need to enter some setting changes OR use the new icon OR use whatever icon I want, downloading the app itself fixed it??

2. Within that application, can someone explain a few things??

a) What is "contact email" -- is it email directly in the inbox from contacts only, and if there was one from Joe Smith, not a contact, it would not list it?

b) What is the Picture Email?? whoooahh LOL this could get me in trouble. I saw emails pop up from a year ago I sent - HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN. Some were ones I sent / some were ones I received. But where did they come from. How do I get better hold on these.

Am I the only one in the world who ever got the shock of his life using Yahoo or an app like this. Thank God I caught it.

Thanks for listening.. I can't always express it easily. I am not a great writer AT ALL. So forgive me, please.

Eric

NEST600

Jul 29, 2010
twitter.com
Using Yahoo email from any clients that don't explicitly support Yahoo mail is a losing proposition. With that said I can tell you the native Samsung client doesn't handle Yahoo mail well at all. Maildroid (search the market and forums) is still in beta and has quirks but it does work with Yahoo mail. And of course Yahoo's native client might be the best bet. I don't use their native client so somebody else will have to answer your specific a/b/c. Cheers, -Pk