scrolling not as smooth on ICS

justinblott

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I installed the rooted ICS a couple of days ago and am on the verge of reverting back. By far the biggest issue I'm having is that scrolling in all apps is much more jerky/unresponsive compared to Gingerbread. Often times when I mean to scroll only a little bit and it seems to accelerate quicker than I mean to. I suppose that I'll get used to it, but it clearly is not as smooth as it was a few days ago.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any cures, or is this some sort of Apple lawsuit-type change that was made?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
This time, I don't believe this change has anything to do with Apple. About half way through the development process for ICS on the E4GT, Samsung started messing with scrolling. In a couple of builds it was MUCH worse than it is now, where a small flick would send you flying across the screen, after being just fine in the earlier builds. I have no idea why they decided to mess with it, but I would agree that the end result is not as good as it was on Gingerbread.

drk65

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I had/have the same issue

I installed the rooted ICS a couple of days ago and am on the verge of reverting back. By far the biggest issue I'm having is that scrolling in all apps is much more jerky/unresponsive compared to Gingerbread. Often times when I mean to scroll only a little bit and it seems to accelerate quicker than I mean to. I suppose that I'll get used to it, but it clearly is not as smooth as it was a few days ago.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any cures, or is this some sort of Apple lawsuit-type change that was made?

Justin, I posted on the same issue earlier this week (search "Sticky Scrolling" for my thread). A few users recommended that I attempt to make some settings adjustments. I made the adjustments, and while not perfect (as good as GB), I've noticed a marked improvement in scrolling performance. So, before you retreat to GB, go here and tweak this setting to see if you can find a comfortable position.

Go To: System Settings > Language and Input > Pointer Speed (@ bottom of page) > Adjust the slider left or right, depending on your preference. > Good Luck... Hope this helps!

Reactions: dj ozone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Longhorn