SD Card Archiving

anewbie2

Feb 19, 2022
Visit site
I have a SD card in my BLU view 3, but when I remove anything from the internal storage it removes the same article from the sd card that I'm storing to have more room in the internal storage.

Is there a way that I can remove these files from the, video, audio without automatically removing it from the SD card?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Is your SD card formatted as internal or external storage? If it is internal storage who's will be the issue I believe. There is nothing you can do, except factory resetting the phone and formatting the SD card as external storage. We don't recommend using SD cards as internal storage as it can cause all kinds of conflicts on the phone.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If they're important files, it's best to archive them somewhere besides an SD card (which is inherently not very reliable). I would save them to the hard drive of your computer, an external hard drive, or cloud storage like Google Drive or OneDrive.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't use external drives at all, so I don't have any specific recommendations. But in general, stick with well-known manufacturers like Samsung, Toshiba, Seagate, Western Digital, and Sandisk.

anewbie2

Feb 19, 2022
Visit site
I got a Western digital external hard drive plugged it into the phone, and nothing happened

Am I missing a step to make the Western digital external hard drive work?

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Powered or unpowered HD? Your phone may not have the juice to power up a HD. Also are you sure it's a working HD? If it is try plugging the HD and phone into a powered hub if you have access to one. I just use a usb drive on my phones and works no problem.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
You buy them at an electronics or computer shop. They are plug and play. But honestly if I was going to go to that trouble, I'd just get a usb drive and whatever adapter you might need. Works much better.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I think you need a USB OTG (on-the-go) connector to hook up an external drive to the phone. Just a direct connection isn't enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174