Serious battery problems

NAT0P0TAT0

Jan 5, 2018
Visit site
Seen plenty of posts from various places about battery drain, but I hadn't seen any that show INSTANT drops like mine does.

For the past couple days I've woken up to me phone being totally dead, after a bit of charging was able to get it to turn on again and see that as far as the phone can tell it went from mostly full straight to 0%.

g9BYzRT.png

(That initial dip from 90 to 60 I'm pretty sure is a game I played, you can see that the screen was on the entire time, so don't worry about that bit)

After those first 2 times however things have gotten a little more interesting, now when I find the phone dead I can't turn it on even if I leave it charging for some time, that is unless I actually remove the battery and put it back in.

What's more interesting is that after doing this the battery isn't always at 0, one time I caught it pretty early, couldn't have been more than 30mins since I last used the phone, after the phone wouldn't turn on I replaced the battery and once turned on it was at 54%. (from about 70 when I last used it)

It's almost like phone is refusing the turn on while quickly draining the battery, and that removing the battery or letting it drain all the way to 0 resets it.

So yeah pretty sure something in the phone is broken, but I'm not sure if it's the battery itself or some other component, the battery doesn't seem bulged at all and the metal contacts inside the phone for connecting the battery seem fine, anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong?

Last edited:

NAT0P0TAT0

Jan 5, 2018
Visit site
Seems leaving it plugged in doesn't stop this happening either, had to force it to restart, battery was apparently still full after the reboot.

It's so weird, never had any issues with this phone until it just suddenly started doing this a couple days ago, and I'm not sure how if it were the battery that were failing it would still be full after 'failing'.

Last edited:

NAT0P0TAT0

Jan 5, 2018
Visit site
Yeah battery cant seem to hold more than 6% now, still it's weird that it happened so suddenly, rather than just a gradual decline of battery life.

Ordered a new one.

NAT0P0TAT0

Jan 5, 2018
Visit site
Ok turns out its not the battery, fully charged new battery, seemed to be working fine, woke up this morning, phone is off and won't turn on, had to remove battery to get it to turn on, phone can't go an hour without turning itself off, but the battery level isn't going down much at all.

wtf.

Last edited:

NAT0P0TAT0

Jan 5, 2018
Visit site
Well, now the brand new battery wont charge beyond 9% even if charged for hours while the phone is off, tried putting the old battery back in and it showed the power at 96%, though the phone still can't go too long without turning itself off.

Managing somewhat ok by charging both batteries when it actually lets them charge and swapping them out if it stops letting them charge and one goes flat, hoping its software or at least something I can get fixed, I really don't want to have to replace the whole phone.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NK01UK