Setup my homescreen

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Setup my homescreen is a weekly series that takes you through the steps to setup your Android homescreen. Every week, we will guide you in setting up a minimalistic homescreen with a fabulous wallpaper, icon pack and widgets - curated by us, for you.

At a minimum, you will need the following to complete this homescreen setup:

An Android smartphone
Any Android smartphone should work, but preferably running Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) or higher.

A custom launcher
You will need a custom launcher that supports icon packs and homescreen grid layout support. There are plenty of launchers you can download from the Play Store,
but to name a few:

Wallpapers
Finding a good wallpaper is always the hardest part and we are going to make it simpler as we will find that wallpaper for you every week. If you are interested, you could follow some of these Google+ communities and collections for some great looking wallpapers:
- World Of Wallpapers
- Android Wallpapers
- Collection of Wallpapers from G+

Icon packs
Icon packs gives a new life to those boring app icons in your app drawer and homescreens. With numerous icon packs available in the Play Store, there is no doubt we will find one every week to play with!

Zooper widget
Zooper widget allows you to create and manage widgets for your homescreen. While there are many apps that provide widget support, we will be primarily using Zooper Widget as I find it very easy to create and manage widgets. Once you have the Zooper widget app installed, you can the download numerous Zooper widget collections from the Play Store so you can use those widgets right away in your homscreens. If you are new to Zooper widgets, then I would highly recommend watching this Getting Started video.

Without further adieu, lets get into this week's setup!

This week's setup
This week we are going with an illustration wallpaper setup with my favorite icon pack. Lets get into the details of the setup one by one.

Homescreen

Here is a screenshot of the final minimalistic homescreen. I love how the icon pack and widget provide a soothing experience with the wallpaper.

OyPQB-j_V0PBa3xhDg_SUMqTkM6W84L-maKFjwhziqIA2cGjDVz-gSMIQR9NXs1S_xU43QGIvSAf1WzPDvLEfiMqm60yh7kg.png

Download wallpaper

You can grab the wallpaper from the Google+ LoStSeven M wallpaper collections here.

Icon Pack

This setup uses an icon pack called Sutoroku available for download from the Play Store. Its gorgeous and looks stunning with this illustration wallpaper setup.

D4aB5akUBYkYdg8ZdPXj3j8ykXK1Zk3dEDZNiC1cWmo4PGFw8Kug_BA9YZ8LA9kjFFlZRBzTvRKnxoOU565-rI67R_0kVW6r.png

Homescreen layout
Depending your screen size and display resolution, you may need to adjust the homescreen grid layout a little in your custom launcher but mostly this setup should work. Below is my homescreen grid layout:

• Rows: 9
  • Columns: 5
  • Icon size: 100
  • Icon labels: Dont show

Widget setup

This setup uses a Zooper widget from the Aura Zooper Widget Collection available in the Play Store.

To add this widget to your homescreen, first you will need to add the Zooper widget of size 3x2 to your home screen, preferably in the center just on that reflection in the wallpaper. If you can't get it to drop in the reflection, adjust your rows and columns to do so.

HvZTSbArtNqV00tcA8GNDwuVNaIkpQr8q1fgJrM6XRbqoxDTvrssg8etqWJezp8mu_zr7A2RK-mfz-_Iiw3amxH1VRwMBFr_.png

Then tap the zooper widget and load the aura widget from your collection. The specific widget from the collection used in this setup is called Rox aura Adidas clock.

3-hTv6EeEzHXSuJp_HO6IH9-CqTQFl21g4OafBEAw2A0l5aoLxAYL_k_cdyLTJJr3M2qa1ZsF5BqCCDko3Z9VgSHFKB8yJoq.png

Once loaded, you should see the widget added to your homescreen:

sksva9jjAt1SIla5QcacxSqCi0hYP3inbih-9NdUeO_mK5W0DBKj4uWiWrkn666_4x6BzcRhp68Vk9UvrTZnm0rrfqY7HW-w.png

With this setup, we complete our homescreen for this week.

OyPQB-j_V0PBa3xhDg_SUMqTkM6W84L-maKFjwhziqIA2cGjDVz-gSMIQR9NXs1S_xU43QGIvSAf1WzPDvLEfiMqm60yh7kg.png

See you next week with a different homescreen setup!

If you want to share your homescreen setup with us, submit a post in our Wallpapers, Ringtones and Themes forums with [Homescreen Setup] in your title. Popular homescreens will be highlighted every week!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174