slow update - Android 9 to android 12 on Pixel 3

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Is it normal that update from Android 9 to 12 takes several hours? Phone is brand new.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I imagine that a phone that's never been turned on in 3 years would have a lot of updates to install. I imagine some of them may have to be done incrementally, so the answer is probably yes.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I just went through that on my pixel 3XL a while back... it won't do every monthly security update individually, it groups them together and makes pretty quick work of them (unlike my Moto phone, which literally took hours), but it will update the Android version one at a time, with a restart required between each one. Once you get to 12 factory reset it if you want the best experience ;)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I just went through that on my pixel 3XL a while back... it won't do every monthly security update individually, it groups them together and makes pretty quick work of them (unlike my Moto phone, which literally took hours), but it will update the Android version one at a time, with a restart required between each one. Once you get to 12 factory reset it if you want the best experience ;)

I can't quite remember the details(gettin' old:p), but I recall having to do a crap-ton of updates with a previous Pixel phone (I think it was my 3a XL). Maybe they've improved that process nowadays?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ron1morgan