software update 9/5/14

cwmont13

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Well this morning I was notified of the OTA. I clicked "postpone" deciding to possibly accept it later. I was away from my phone for about an hour and the update ran while I was away although I'm not sure why. I figured I could postpone and choose when or if I wanted to accept it.

Thankfully the update went fine and I still have root so all is well.

From the DeathStar using my rooted LG G2

andres584

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Well this morning I was notified of the OTA. I clicked "postpone" deciding to possibly accept it later. I was away from my phone for about an hour and the update ran while I was away although I'm not sure why. I figured I could postpone and choose when or if I wanted to accept it.

Thankfully the update went fine and I still have root so all is well.

I tried it after reading this and I got an error message. Restarted the phone and message piped up saying update wasn't available for rooted phones

Last edited:

cwmont13

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

I tried it after reading this and I got an error message. Restarted the phone and message piped up saying update wasn't available for rooted phones

Very strange. All I can add is that my G2 already had 4.4.2 on it out of the box. After linking my Gmail account at setup I then rooted it prior to installing anything else. IIRC I used ioroot to root the phone. I'd have to check my PC to verify it was ioroot but I'm pretty sure it was.

It looked like it failed to root at first but running it again a couple times made it go through.

I just verified that my G2 is now on D80020y so I know the OTA went through. I also still have data with wi-fi off so the APN's were not affected. Maybe because I didn't use towelroot to root and still have stock recovery is why my update went OK. Who knows?

tracyt

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I just tried to do the update, after downloading it said that the phone appears to be rooted. Updates are not available for rooted phones. It was rooted, but unrooted. It through superuser, so it is no longer rooted. What to do?

Posted via the Android Central App

Nebonebo

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello Guys, my LG G2 is acting really weird after this update. The battery drains like crazy - 40% in 3 hours on idle! Can't connect to work wifi. It overheats if I try to play a simple game.

I was wondering if it is a known issue and more importantly if there is a fix for it? The phone is not rooted and still under warranty, but I'll root it on a heart bit if it would help. I love the phone.

ACME Guy

May 21, 2013
Visit site
The same thing happened to me for the previous update (knock code) when I tried to unroot with Superuser. I ended up using this process: [FIRMWARE] Flash KitKat the EASY Way!!!! or … | AT&T LG G2 | XDA Forums and all worked great. It was my first time rooting/unrooting and this process is very easy to follow and step by step.

During the last month I was losing lots of battery and after installing better battery stats I found out it was AT&T carrier IQ that was waking my phone. I have since rooted again and installed TWRP and Optimus G3 rom which is great. Good luck.