Some questions by a new OP3 user and initial impressions

mabr82

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
So the problem (as I pretty much expected it to be) is the user here. But I put this partly on OP too, due to their lack of documentation (or perhaps my lack of finding said documentation) of OOS.

Seems I've been using the sweeper to close recent apps instead of the 3 bars on the far right. The sweeper kills the app process, background services and even resets accessibility settings. Not exactly what I had in mind when I only meant to close recent apps. I learned this tidbit of info over on the OP forums at Oneplus.

So now that I'm using the 3 bars to close recent apps, all seems to be running normally and as I would expect.

So where is this documentation that I must have overlooked about the extras that OOS adds to 6.0.1? :-[

That's not a OOS issue is it?

By using sweeper surely you are killing the app?

The clear all recent apps is a OOS feature as isn't in stock, however this just stops the RAM usage, background data will still process, sweeper kills the background data.

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
So what happens if you lose your phone? And what happens when you get a new one in 1-2 years? Never understood how people don't use cloud storage for photos. Ive had like 10+ cameras since I started taking digital pictures, and I want them all at my fingertips

You can just put them on an external hard drive or a desktop or something. Not sure why you want all your photos from yesteryear at your fingertips, you should try to live in the present. ;)

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
That's not a OOS issue is it?

By using sweeper surely you are killing the app?

The clear all recent apps is a OOS feature as isn't in stock, however this just stops the RAM usage, background data will still process, sweeper kills the background data.

My understanding is that the sweeper is a function of OOS, not MM. So yes, the sweeper kills the app process, background services, and resets accessibility settings. I didn't realize that when I was erroneously using that to close recent apps. No wonder my widgets weren't working properly!

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Sorry didn't realise you meant the sweeper on the device.

Yeah. It's somewhat of a double whammy when not only changing to a new device, I also moved to a different OS (Lollipop to Marshmallow). So I wouldn't have known what to expect with MM vs OOS on MM.

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
So what happens if you lose your phone? And what happens when you get a new one in 1-2 years? Never understood how people don't use cloud storage for photos. Ive had like 10+ cameras since I started taking digital pictures, and I want them all at my fingertips
All my photos sync to Google Photos. I just don't use the Google Photos app because it requires an internet connection to display photos from even just a few weeks ago that it's decided to spirit away to the cloud.

When I'd open the list of photos taken in the last month and it was spamming 4G/LTE just to download the thumbnails, I thought I was losing my mind. Google Photos app is just terribad.

Daiz4yota

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
All my photos sync to Google Photos. I just don't use the Google Photos app because it requires an internet connection to display photos from even just a few weeks ago that it's decided to spirit away to the cloud.

When I'd open the list of photos taken in the last month and it was spamming 4G/LTE just to download the thumbnails, I thought I was losing my mind. Google Photos app is just terribad.

Yea I completely agree, and dont like it either. But I do lots of immediate editing and organizing into albums, so if I dont do it in google photos, I cant access it that way on my macbook.