Some videos on the web play with a lot of glitches

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

About 1 in 10 videos play completely visually corrupted, mostly they are green and looks like every line is offset from the last making the image squished at an angle.
Sometimes I can download the video locally and I can watch it fine but other times it's still broken and the video editor says it's corrupted.
YouTube app works fine but watching embedded videos in Chrome is when it happens, any video viewed in Chrome has a chance to be affected.

I've tried uninstalling all Chrome updates and deleting local data but no luck. The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S10 with the latest available updates

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to the Play Store and search for Android System Webview. If it needs to be updated, see what happens after you update it. If it's already updated, then go the other way and uninstall all updates to it. ASW can sometimes be a little buggy.

SuperHighVoltage

Sep 20, 2021
Visit site
Go to the Play Store and search for Android System Webview. If it needs to be updated, see what happens after you update it. If it's already updated, then go the other way and uninstall all updates to it. ASW can sometimes be a little buggy.

Have you tried deleting data then force stopping Chrome?

I can re-create it consistently with YouTube embeds on other sites, the YouTube app and website do not share this issue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali