Speech to Text Recognition Issue & Pocket dialling

Lynz1960

Apr 3, 2020
Visit site
When I use the speech to text option on the keyboard, it isn't typing the correct words. My Galaxy S9+ was great at this, rarely needing correcting, now with my S20 it is rarely correct!

Another issue I have, which didn't happen on my S9+, is pocket dialling! Everything is disabled that is recommended when I googled the issue.
ie. Lift to wake - disabled, Double tap to wake - disabled, Accidental touch protection -enabled, Touch sensitivity - disabled

Any suggestions to correct either of these issues gratefully received, thank you

I have the Galaxy S20 5G Model SM-G981B/DS with all updates installed

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: Speech to Text Recognition Issue & Pocket dialling

Are you using Google text to speech or Samsung? Google's I prefer.

You can change the bottom icon so it doesnt display phone icon , in settings >lock screen>app short cuts can turn off or change the app

'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

Lynz1960

Apr 3, 2020
Visit site
Hi @mustang7757
I'm not sure why my question showed as a guest as I had joined before I posted my question.
My phone is set to Google's Text to speech Engine, however it is the speech to text that I am not happy with, and the only "training" I can find asks me to just say "Hey Google" and "Ok Google", unless I m not looking in the right place (Settings-Language and input-On-screen keyboard-Google voice typing- Voice Match)
I'll try your suggestion to remove the phone icon from my lock screen, although again, that wasn't a problem on my S9+.
Thank you for your help

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi @mustang7757
I'm not sure why my question showed as a guest as I had joined before I posted my question.
My phone is set to Google's Text to speech Engine, however it is the speech to text that I am not happy with, and the only "training" I can find asks me to just say "Hey Google" and "Ok Google", unless I m not looking in the right place (Settings-Language and input-On-screen keyboard-Google voice typing- Voice Match)
I'll try your suggestion to remove the phone icon from my lock screen, although again, that wasn't a problem on my S9+.
Thank you for your help
Hello , welcome !
[I changed you to the owner of the thread , instead of guest.]

You can also try Google Gboard might like it , I switch between it and Samsung. Yeah definitely try changing the phone dialer app on lock screen to something different see if it helps.

Lynz1960

Apr 3, 2020
Visit site
Hello , welcome !
[I changed you to the owner of the thread , instead of guest.]

You can also try Google Gboard might like it , I switch between it and Samsung. Yeah definitely try changing the phone dialer app on lock screen to something different see if it helps.

Hi and thank you for the welcome and for changing me to owner of the thread.

Following your suggestion to try Google Gboard, I went into "Manage keyboards" to see if I could add/enable it there and noticed that both Google voice typing and Samsung voice input were enabled. I disabled the Samsung voice input and tried a test message and it typed an almost perfect version of what I had said, just one word needed correcting :)

So thank you!! Although I didn't use your suggestion to get Google Gboard (although I will look at that) it did lead me to (hopefully) finding the cause of the problem.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi and thank you for the welcome and for changing me to owner of the thread.

Following your suggestion to try Google Gboard, I went into "Manage keyboards" to see if I could add/enable it there and noticed that both Google voice typing and Samsung voice input were enabled. I disabled the Samsung voice input and tried a test message and it typed an almost perfect version of what I had said, just one word needed correcting :)

So thank you!! Although I didn't use your suggestion to get Google Gboard (although I will look at that) it did lead me to (hopefully) finding the cause of the problem.
Your welcome ! Keep me posted and enjoy the forums , we have have great members here .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d