still having data connection issues:chicago

aflynn

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Ever since that data outage from 3 weeks ago, me and my wife's thunderbolts have had issues holding 3g/4g connections. The phones will switch all the way from 4g to no data connection at all during various points in the day. I've tried the mr1 through mr2.5 radios and the issues haven't gone away. Talked to Verizon tech support multiple times and they said they've opened up a trouble ticket to see if its the network or our phones. We stay around Aurora and naperville which are full 4g areas but have had problems in multiple towns. So just wondering if anyone in the Chicago land area or the country for that matter is experiencing the same thing since that outage from a few weeks back.

For reference, I'm running cm7 with mr2 and mr2.5 on my wife's phone. But like I said I've tried different radios already.

Last edited:

baldmike

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I am having similar issues myself. I was running BAMF GingerRemix 2.1 with the 2.5 radio for about 2 weeks with no problems, then all of a sudden my 4g started dropping down to 1x then up to 3g, and occasionally back to 4g. Now I don't get 4g at all. I dropped down to the MR2 radio and that didn't work, so I went back to completely stock and still no luck. I also have a trouble ticket in and am still waiting for the verdict. Although I know it's not the network, because my g/f has the same phone, bought at the same time, and has solid 4g. I do not think it was the mod, I think it is the phone or the sim card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFG