Stock, un-rooted Evo 4g boot loop - PLEASE HELP!!!

StephenAaron

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello all...I wanted to see if anyone could help me out with a problem on my friend's phone.
Stock
Un-rooted (never attempted)
Stock recovery
White screen with three skateboarding androids says...
Locked (OOW)
SUPERSONIC EVT3 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT- 2.18.0001
MICROP-041f
TOUCH PANEL-ATMELC03_16ac
RADIO-2.15.00.12.19
Dec 21 2011, 12:50:32

HBOOT

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
CLEAR STORAGE
SIMLOCK
HBOOT USB

My main problem is that my friend has a few items he would get off the phone storage, not the SD card. I don't want to CLEAR STORAGE just yet. RECOVERY just leads to a reboot, then the green circle around the evo which leads to the red triangle with a exclamation point. The normal boot loop is after the white screen that says HTC evo 4g. It loops between the sprint logo and the 4g animation. Does anyone have any ideas? All of the threads I've found thus far don't quite address my problem. I downloaded pcimg36.zip to the root of my SD card and booted with that but no real progress. Any ideas to save the data? Thanks so much!!

Last edited:

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, download the SuperSonic RUU for your phone and run the program. Set your phone to FASTBOOT USB and run the exe and wait about 10 minutes. Let it sit. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
However, this basically factory resets everything, so you're screwed. Next time, flash a recovery. I have one available for you, as well as instructions. Email me at OperationA7X@gmail.com if you're interested.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strongfirm