Question Strange display behavior

Skandii

Feb 11, 2024
Visit site
Hello!
Nice to be here! I am facing some problems with my Samsung phone and hope you can help me solve them. I love my phone (Samsung A5 2016, Android 12), but the display has started blinking. When I try to increase or decrease the brightness, I see a line at the top of the screen and the screen turns green. I found the Night Screen app, which helps me stop the blinking, but it doesn't solve the problem completely. Resetting the phone also didn't help. Sensor tests and system repair apps indicate that everything is okay with my proximity and light sensors. Please, can you tell me what else I can do to solve this problem?"

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That sounds like a failing display. Make sure all of your important data is backed up or synced somewhere safe, in case the screen suddenly fails completely. I would recommend either bringing it to a repair shop, or consider upgrading to a more current phone (while it's admirable to be using an 8 year old phone to reduce waste, you will start falling behind in terms of security).

Skandii

Feb 11, 2024
Visit site
Thank you! I was hoping that there was one great app that would solve my problem. Today, I made a full backup of my phone. I use it only for internet surfing and writing bash scripts. Yeah, I love this smartphone, but nothing can live forever in this world. :)