Stuck on Jan. 1 Google Play System Update P6P

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Just as the title says. I've checked many times on my P6P over the last several weeks, sometimes daily, and I'm still on Jan 1 version. I've cleared the cache of the app (can't force close it). Then the other day after checking for an update, it said restart to update but then shows I'm still on Jan. 1 (wish I would have taken a screenshot of that but didn't). Makes no sense to me.

Then I saw this article today:

https://9to5google.com/2022/03/01/g...te-march-2022-play-games-privacy/#more-486039

That got me wondering why in the heck I'm stuck on Jan. 1.

ZgJFMxT.png

hGXyxtg.png

Anyone else still stuck on Jan. 1?

Edited to add second screenshot.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm still on January. I don't think this is unusual -- Google Play system update timing varies with the device, and it's by no means on the same schedule as the monthly security patch.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
OK, I guess it's good to know it isn't just me but I wonder why no updates since then. Or are the Google Play System updates not monthly? I thought they were since I got one in December and January after getting my phone in November.

David Thomas24

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
just be lucky you get Google Play system update at all with this phone lol i no some phones that are still stuck on may 1st of last year like my nokia phone X100 wish has not seen a update since i had it seems like only google phones get the joy in haveing once a month or ever other month Google Play system update

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Got a security update today and it took me to February 1st. So I am still a month behind.
I just received another update, one of several this month, and all indicated Feb 1. As long as you keep up with the updates I wouldn't worry over the date indicated.
Pixel 6 Pro on 12L Beta 3
768b7eeca680d4e2698ad6e76146ba5e.jpg

719e22210ebe302da5e6b5d8aa70429b.jpg

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Anaaannnd I just checked again today, it required a restart and I'm on Feb. 1 Play System Update now. Weird that these updates are always at least a month behind by the listed date.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Anaaannnd I just checked again today, it required a restart and I'm on Feb. 1 Play System Update now. Weird that these updates are always at least a month behind by the listed date.
I just think whomever is responsible doesn't change the date. Like I posted I've had several of these updates in March with Feb 1 date. No biggie.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
My screen has showed me on the February update for a couple of weeks now. Yesterday I checked and it said there was a new update so I installed it. My P6P still shows I'm on February, but I suspect I'm really on March but for whatever reason that date doesn't change.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
It just makes no sense to me that a developer or developers can't figure out how to change the date on the updates they're responsible for. I mean, consistently NOT put in the correct date? Pretty sure there's another reason for the displayed update date and any updates; I just don't know what it is yet.