Switch input and output devices during calls

VicDor

Sep 21, 2022
Visit site
Hi,
I'm looking for a way to use my phone mic during a call while listening through my wireless earbuds.
I found an app that did that a long time ago, but can't find it anymore, and anyway it only worked in calls like WhatsApp and did not affect regular phone calls.
I'm using a Galaxy S22 Ultra.
Is there a way to get what I'm looking for in a setting I haven't found yet or an app?
Thank you.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central VicDor.

I'm finding several threads which talk about how to listen to music while on a call. This Reddit thread mentions this working for both regular and WhatsApp calls but doesn't mention headphones or earbuds from my brief look. https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyNote9/comments/fozcsb/is_there_a_way_to_call_and_listen_to_music/

Your question is so specific that I'm thinking the internet is probably going to be your only friend in finding an answer. You might get lucky and find someone here who also listens to music while talking to someone via earbuds but a lot of people just do one or the other. Plus we're small compared to Reddit and some of these other forum sites, meaning the pond you're fishing in for answers is a puddle in comparison.

VicDor

Sep 21, 2022
Visit site
Hi, thank you very much for responding!
I think you misunderstood what I'm trying to do. I don't need to listen to media during a call.
I use earbuds for calls and they have a great working mic (Sony LinkBuds).
Sometimes, though, I am unable to talk loudly (carpool) or the surrounding noise is too much (bus).
In this case what I would like to do is make the phone's mic the input audio device while keeping the buds the output device.
Thus I can keep my buds on and listen to the person on the call through them while I bring just the bottom of the phone close to my mouth to talk softly and still be heard.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
There are several hits for how to do this but this video had good comments saying how simple and straight forward it was.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=73efaQ35V84&usg=AOvVaw1OVPx0TZyvTHYNk4ATuqab

If that doesn't get for you, I literally typed, use phone mic, and Google finished with, instead of headphone mic android. Obviously millions of results but everything at the top looked relative.

Best wishes, let us know what you find that works to help the next person.