Switch S23 Ultra to S23 plus

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
So I will admit I'm a Samsung person. I got phone, tablet, watch, and earbuds. I have been using the s23 Ultra since it's release. It is a great phone. The experience has been perfect but the size bothers me.
So I picked up a used s23 plus. I'm only on day 2 with this phone and the size is perfect. Battery life is great and it feels just as smooth as the Ultra.

Has anyone thought about changing or has already gone from Ultra to Plus? What did you like, what did you miss?

Reactions: Bkdodger1

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, Iove the Ultra size but my luck as soon as I get the 23 plus I'll miss having the Ultra and using the s-pen and the better display and battery. But then again I would love a smaller phone, it'll be closer in size to my iPhone 14 Pro.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Gotta go with what works best for you . I have no problems with the Ultra size but I've always used slim cases like LaterCase Kevlar so it's no wider or thicker than carrying naked. I personally wouldn't want to carry this phone in something OtterBox sized if I had to.

I could definitely live with Plus size. Screen just big enough for daily. It should run as well if not better and also battery life since you are not powering the bigger screen and resolution.

I almost never use the S-Pen but love the cameras setup and have loved using the wide range since the N20U and having the best camera setup available to me is high on my list. Surprisingly you (I) use it all the time when you have the option. Just bringing a shot up from 1x to 3x to 10x so quickly to get a better picture you want like I did just the other day (try to attach) at an event or in a couple of weeks when I will be watching the Miami F1 GP from the stands and going from 10x to 30x in a pinch. Wish they kept 50x like they did with N20U.

Size is an issue for me when I am active outdoors like running so I have to dual-wield using a smaller iPhone 12 for my runs in a running belt.

Enjoy your phone.

Attachments

• 20230422_141510.jpg
    20230422_141510.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 65
  • 20230422_141546.jpg
    20230422_141546.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 62
  • 20230308_193700.jpg
    20230308_193700.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 62
  • 20230308_210609.jpg
    20230308_210609.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Gotta go with what works best for you . I have no problems with the Ultra size but I've always used slim cases like LaterCase Kevlar so it's no wider or thicker than carrying naked. I personally wouldn't want to carry this phone in something OtterBox sized if I had to.

I could definitely live with Plus size. Screen just big enough for daily. It should run as well if not better and also battery life since you are not powering the bigger screen and resolution.

I almost never use the S-Pen but love the cameras setup and have loved using the wide range since the N20U and having the best camera setup available to me is high on my list. Surprisingly you (I) use it all the time when you have the option. Just bringing a shot up from 1x to 3x to 10x so quickly to get a better picture you want like I did just the other day (try to attach) at an event or in a couple of weeks when I will be watching the Miami F1 GP from the stands and going from 10x to 30x in a pinch. Wish they kept 50x like they did with N20U.

Size is an issue for me when I am active outdoors like running so I have to dual-wield using a smaller iPhone 12 for my runs in a running belt.

Enjoy your phone.
Nice pictures, are these taken with the S23U?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Nice pictures, are these taken with the S23U?
Yeah. Often I will just whip out the camera to take quick shots and look at later. Checking out Heat game last month and was way up so now so taking a few pics to get some close looks... only 30x zoom so not even going 50x or higher and low lighting. Yesterday I was at a dealership and happen to be an event going on and took a few shots at 3x or 10x.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

Enjoy your phone.
Great photos, especially those of the basketball game.

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
After using the S23 Plus for a few days, I decided to sell the Plus and keep the Ultra.
Battery life is similar, if not slightly better on the Plus with my usage but i did notice a difference in the screen. I guess my eyes are used the higher resolution on the Ultra.
Also i figured I would just stay with the phone with the better camera.
Also the Plus is smaller but the flatter sides and screen were a little more bulkier than the feel of the Ultra.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the Pixel 7 pro and have toyed with the idea of selling it and getting an S23+ because of the flat screen. I used the S22+ for about 7 months before trading it in on this. It had terrible battery life and the camera was laggy. But I felt the size of the S22+ was perfect. But I'm still apprehensive about not having a great experience on the S23+.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky