Tab S7 or iPad Pro 11 (2021) for gaming?

demonicvampiregirl

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm looking at a better tablet for gaming, I have currently the S9+ and S6 Lite. My S6 Lite has issues running the one game I want to play the most, it constantly crashes but it does not on my S9+, so I am looking at the S7 or iPad Pro 11. Problem is, I've never owned an Apple device at all and I'm hearing mixed things about the iPad. By pure power/RAM speed, it outright wins and should work wonderfully for a pure gaming device but the price tag is a bit off putting, plus the fact I have to get the Apple Pencil which is 130 on it's own.

So can anyone tell me which one would be worth it more for a gaming tablet? I'm by no means an artist or photographer, at worst I've tried Clip Studio Paint on my Tab S6 solely so I could see how drawing is with a pen vs a mouse. If I ever was going to try doing more art, I'd pick up an actual tablet made for that and use my PC, so that isn't much of a problem for me in the end.

Last edited:

demonicvampiregirl

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
It's about 100 difference on Amazon vs their respective websites. So grabbing it from there cuz it's just cheaper. So the price isn't so much an issue, looking for mainly which will be supported, last longer and which would probably have better optimization for apps. I would go with the S7+ for the longer battery but sadly, the price tag to get the 8GB version of the tablet is nearly 900.

demonicvampiregirl

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
That's what I was figuring but honestly was not sure. I kept hearing it would be better then some would tell me it's not going to be any better than the S7, ect. Getting the iPad Pro 11 will have a few downsides for me but hopefully those outweigh the rest of it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's what I was figuring but honestly was not sure. I kept hearing it would be better then some would tell me it's not going to be any better than the S7, ect. Getting the iPad Pro 11 will have a few downsides for me but hopefully those outweigh the rest of it.
Can see if any other members can chime in and help with your decision

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I have an iPad 7th generation basic model and it can handle most things. The power of that thing is immense. The S7 has more hardware, like the S pen but you won’t need it with this game, will you?

If you don’t see the need for a pen then you don’t need to buy the Apple Pencil. It is optional. The iPad will last you longer than the S7 will. It is supported for at least 5 years with OS updates and the extra power of the cpu will allow it to run the latest games for longer than the S7. Plus there are more tablet version of apps on the iPad than the equivalent android tablet. Having used android tablets I just prefer the experience on an iPad more.

I prefer android phones but Apple tablets and the build lasts for a long time as well. I still have an original iPad from 2010 and if it still ran apps I could still use it. But it is definitely out of date now.

In your shoes I would consider the iPad.

demonicvampiregirl

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
For this game, overall no. I just like using it cuz moving stuff around is way easier in the end, I may pick it up if it's on sale for a decent amount or maybe just ask for it for Christmas. I have no idea what other apps I will eventually get into in the end so that pen may be more useful down the line. There is literally only like two apps I have or have wishlisted on Google that I cannot find on the App Store. Kind of sucks but I can at least use my S9+ for those for now.