TCL Tab 10 Gen 2 and Active T-Pen Stylus. Where may I get the replacement tips?

xavier1

Apr 7, 2024
Visit site
Hello,
I got a TCL Tab 10 Gen 2, because it allows me to paint using the Active T-Pen Stylus, it is not a conventional tablet, because it also allows me to use it for taking notes, handwriting, painting, etc., which is cool.
However, there is a surprise behind all this. It is impossible to find the replacement tips for the Active T-Pen and by default it only attach 1 replacement tip.
I tried to find these tips in Amazon and AliExpress but no luck whatsover.
I am wondering if anyone here can help me a bit with this, I need to know where may I purchase the replacement tips for the Active T-Pen or at least, what kind of tips are compatible?
I tried 2 mm thick tips and they do not fit inside the stylus, so I think they must be thinner tips, like 1mm or 1.2 mm, 1.3 mm or so.
Any of you have some information about this?

TCL Tab 10 Gen 2

Active T-Pen Stylus

xavier1

Apr 7, 2024
Visit site
I was suspecting that they do not provide the spare tips just to force the consumer to buy again the product. I don't think that is an acceptable sales policy. Next thing could be to "glue" the tires in the cars, so when they are worn you would have to trash the whole car. No way!
If there is no possibility to find tips, there are two options, I guess.
1) The trick of the trimmer line, which just costs a few bucks and you can find it in different thickness.
or
2) AliExpress and purchase a cheaper clone of the whole stylus

For just a few bucks and three times less its cost, you can buy a new pencil.

Anyway, I would like to find compatible tips... I think these tips are about 1 mm o 1.2 mm? Any idea about how may I measure the thickness of these tips with precession?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there's anything nefarious going on here -- it's much more likely related to how relatively uncommon this device is. The TCL Tab 10 Gen 2 is certainly not a household name, and since it's not very common (and since it's also a proprietary stylus), there's much less chance that a 3rd party company will produce tips for it.

Try contacting TCL support directly to see if they offer replacement tips: https://support.tcl.com/contact-us?contact_query=Please enter your question. I don't have any suggestions about McGyvering your own replacement tips, since I have no idea how different TCL's stylus design is from more standard pens like USI pens, Samsung S Pens, and the Apple Pencil.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alakmalak