The Official: I love my Galaxy S5 thread

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
So for all the S5 users that have now had their phones for a month or two... are your feelings the same? Does the phone still perform well, or do you now have problems with freezing, restarting, lag, battery drain, camera software problems, needing replacement devices...?

The aforementioned issues are why I recently told myself I'm giving up on droids and moved to an iphone 5s... but after only a week of ownership, I am having buyer's remorse and missing everything droid has to offer, but not necessarily the headaches I've dealt with in the past (above issues). I have a few days left to return this iphone and in my heart I know I am a droid guy, but it's hard to find solace in reliability when so many posts are still so negative about issues with the S5... that is precisely why I am asking this here in this (positive) forum. Thanks!

Not a single issue in 3 and a half month, working great like the first day, up until I got the LG G3 last week it was the best phone I've ever owned or used, now it shares thar distinction withe the G3, great, great devices both, for the past days I've been using the G3 as my daily driver just fir the novelty and looking for something different but coming back to it to use it for my 5k runs for the IP67 certification (water resistant) and to use it with my Gear2 Neo, but today I sold my Gear2 so now waiting for the Motorola 360 so I can use it in both phones.

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Phone working great. Sprints lte to cdma handoff issue hiccups every once in a while but that's sprint not the phone. Great battery too!

Posted via Android Central App

alyled

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Way late, I know. But I do love this device! I get bored and switch phones often, in 4-ish years I've had Moto X2, HTC one m8, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, galaxy s3 and galaxy s5. (Not exactly in that order)
I see value in both platforms. But my all time favorite was GS3 until I got the GS5. I'm lucky in that I can afford whatever phone I want, and the iPhone 6 was tempting...instead I bought the S5 used from my friend and couldn't be happier. I played with the s6 edge and didn't see a strong reason for me to get it over the s5.
After using iPhones for some months, I missed the control over the experience that android offers, and Samsung phones are my preferred android devices.
Something about Samsung phones! I'm even have a few niggling issues with my gs5, but nothing to deter me from just loving it!
lol - until I get bored again.
To give iPhones the props they deserve, I love the camera and video quality. MMS sucks on android devices.

Last edited:

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Really love mine. The only lag I ever get is if restricting cpu performance is turned on. Touchwiz is smooth for me, same with Nova Launcher. My only issue is the 16gb of memory. Wish it had more. The new Motorola X Pure is really tempting though, but I don't know if I want to give up wireless charging.

Phone_addict

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Agreed. I love my s5 too, but lately it's been having major battery troubles, with processes that weren't even taking up 2% of a full charge taking over half the battery. Namely cell standby. Any suggestions for how to fix?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-05-17-35-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-05-17-35-04.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 15