To separate vibration and sound on notifications

sdk62

Feb 25, 2023
Visit site
I just moved from an Iphone to a Galaxy s23 Ultra. On my Iphone I could choose how I wanted each app to receive a notification. If I wanted sound, vibration or both. On the android with all of it's customization features I can't find that option. It only lets me choose (vibration and sound) or silent. Can't I have one app to receive only vibration notifications and maybe one app to receive both ways. Like my email app, I would only like it to vibrate. But on my text app I would want both so I for sure won't miss it. Is this an option?

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
You have to go deeper into each app's notification settings.

You didn't say which phone you're on. I'm on a Samsung S20 FE, so I don't know if it's all that different.

However, once you are in the notification setting for each app, there should be a section for "notification categories". There, you'll see the different kinds of notifications that an app will send. There may be only one or two, but some can have 5 to 10.

For example, my email app has subgroups for each account I have set. In my case, I have my work email and my home email, so both are listed. For each account, there is the switch to turn notifications on or off, then another for " new messages", and when I press that, then it shows the options available. There is where you set the sound to use, vibrate or not, show on lock screen or not... all that stuff.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
I agree you have to go each app
Long press the app tap info>notification>notification categories and tap each sub menu to change

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali