Transfering phone contacts into Pioneer DEH-X6600BT

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It's not happening and I am frustrated.

I just got this system installed two days ago. My Bluetooth connects and I can play music and answer or make calls, but my contacts and phone history will not sync over to the receiver.

I click yes on the dialog box when asks to transfer the information, but it never transfers. I called Pioneer once but the rep was not much help. He suggested I delete the phone from the receiver and start over again. I did that. I called the installer and he suggested I do that as well as turn Bluetooth on and off. I did that.

I am going to go see the installer Monday if I can't get it figured out. It appears I am doing everything I should be doing but it seems the phone is blocking the transfer. I even tried selecting all my contacts and sharing them with Bluetooth and then the receiver but the send file fails.

Any suggestions as to what might be blocking this sync?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There might be specific compatibility issues with the phone. Is there anyone else you know who is willing to try pairing their phone with the unit to see if they are able to transfer contacts (as a test)?

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
No clue on how old your unit is, but my dad has a Pioneer unit and we had to use an app to get the contacts to transfer. One of my cars has a new Pioneer and it didn't have any issues.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a DNX9990HD and a DNX9960..and have had bluetooth issues with both of them. What I did, was to remove ALL bluetooth devices from them and re-add my Note 4. That fixed the issues.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your replies.

I decided to call Samsung yesterday and twice got on remote access, but both times I hit the wrong button on my stereo and the calls were lost. When I called the third time I started speaking with someone who was going to get me back to the remote access department and he asked me how many contacts I was trying to sync over. I told him about 1,800. He said, "Whoa, I can tell you from experience that generally car stereo receivers only sync up to 900 contacts."

So, I worked all night last night on my contacts. They were a mess and even if this doesn't work the guy did me a favor because I was able to shave my contact list down to 564 and unlinked them all from old Verizon backup assistant and Microsoft Exchange contacts. It was an ugly job that truly needed to be done.

Anyway, I have not tried to sync yet. I am going to try in a little while and then I will report back in.

Bbeelzebub, the unit is brand new for me but I believe it was released about a year ago. I looked online for any firmware updates but did not find any.

FBA, I am going to clear everything before I try to pair again.

B. Diddy, if this doesn't work then I will try to pair my Droid Maxx.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, it's been ugly, but things are working out .... weirdly!

After cleaning up my stock contact app, the contacts finally became visible but they are still being linked in with Microsoft Outlook contacts. I have tried every which way for them not to show up. I even deleted everyone of them from my computer and they are still showing up when I Bluetooth the stereo.

Dang Microsoft. It's got an invisible skeleton on every file. I think the only way they will disappear is if I factory reset my phone. That being said, I am not going to factory reset just to get the perfect picture I desire. For now, it works and that's all that matters. I got six presets going, including an emergency preset at the end. I am thrilled to have finally gotten this far.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I just found that on my Nexus 5 running Lollipop 5.0, if the People app is set to display "All Contacts," they actually don't transfer to the car's phonebook. I have to tap the Customize option, then select My Contacts (which includes all of my Google Contacts), and then they show up. See if that helps you, if you're still try to figure things out.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
One possible issue you might be having is Bluetooth firmware compatibility.

The Note 4 runs Bluetooth 4.1, which is the newest standard. From many posts on this forum, it looks like a lot of car stereo manufacturers have yet to update their head units to support 4.1.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get all my contacts cleaned up from all sources today and now everything is working as it should. Thanks everyone for all your suggestions.

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
running Lollipop 5.0, if the People app is set to display "All Contacts," they actually don't transfer to the car's phonebook. I have to tap the Customize option, then select My Contacts (which includes all of my Google Contacts), and then they show up. See if that helps you, if you're still try to figure things out.

I just wanted to thank you for this... it was driving me nuts. When I had my contacts sync'd from iCloud, they all showed up fine. But since moving them to Google, only the 'Me' contact was displayed. Been searching for an answer for days.

yahoo.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Novigator