Transferring Google services to new Gmail Account

Mr MnmlEngr

May 7, 2019
Visit site
I've been wondering if anyone has had experience with changing the Gmail account that their android device, and all of the associated Google services, is tied to. I know there are a handful of reasons why someone would want to make a new Gmail account; new name due to marriage, a more professional email account, etc.
I'm wanting to adopt a new Gmail account, but am wondering how painful it is to transfer all of the services (of interest are listed below) tied to a Gmail account. I find myself hesitating to start the process lest something just isn't transferable, and I get stuck and can never fully commit to the new one. Can anyone share their experience doing this?

The ultimate goal is to have a new Gmail address but with all of my legacy data associated with it.

Services I'd like to transfer:
- Gmail, Calendar, Contacts
- Google Play (Apps, Games, Books, Music, Movies)
- Google Drive
- Google Keep
- Google Photos
- Google Maps
- YouTube
- Google News

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Apps would be up to the app developer but generally are not transferable. Games would fall into that category as well, as would music, movie and book purchases. The good news is that the free apps can all just be reinstalled.

Drive, photos, Keep, contacts could all probably be exported and then imported to a new account. If you use a mail client connected to both the old and new account I imagine you could move your email between the accounts.

Getting YouTube history/subscriptions, Drive data and news data (magazine subscriptions would fall into the first category) might pose the largest challenge after apps, games, etc.

Google will let you export your data. Getting it into a new account is going to be the challenge. Sign in on https://takeout.google.com