Turning off Google photos/disable?

sarapoep

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
How does one turn off or disable photos getting put into google photos. It didn't use to be auto upload, but now it does. I want to know if I can turn it off completely.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
To turn off Auto-Backup, open Photos, tap Menu>Settings>Auto-Backup, and turn the switch off.

Photos is part of Google+, so in order to disable it, you'd have to disable Google+ as well.

sarapoep

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I got the auto backup turned to off, but now the ones in google, I guess I need to manually delete by checking the box, and then hitting delete? It seems like a cool option to have, but I don't want all my photos in there, or for it to be public. No idea if it is or not, or where to check it.

sarapoep

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Seems like even if I delete from the laptop, they are still on my phones app for google photos. It's like it's another gallery. But I don't want it. I only use my quick pic gallery. When I try and delete from google pics app, it warns me that it will be deleted everywhere.

Is there a way to disable that? It never use to have the photos in it until I accidentally turned on the backup.